Season ticket yes or no?

I work away a lot, with a few weekends added in.

Really don't know weather to go for a season ticket or not. At nearly £20 a game it's a bargain, but once I start kissing a few it'll start costing me.

Is there any clarification on match day tickets yet on how much these are going to be? And as I'm 22 will there be an under 25 bracket on match day tickets like there is on season tickets now?

Many thanks in advance!

Last season, the POTG prices were not released until after season ticket sales had reached the final and most expensive price.

As a guide, I'd predict the ticket prices will work out similar to this year - £28/30/32 a game depending on where you sit. So, work out how many games you'll likely attend, add up the estimated cost, and compare that to a season ticket.

Take into account that membership will be £30 as well (may even go up this season).

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

I don't think there will be under 25 matchday tickets

I also don't think matchday prices will be any cheaper than the last season has been, which has been pretty expensive, so take from that what you will.

Just received a reply from the Ticket Office - membership for 2016/17 will be available from mid-July, so I expect that is when POTG prices are also announced.

Disappointing, they should announce them now so people have all the info to make an informed decision about whether to go for membership or an ST.

Edited by ardeecee

The average price of a match day ticket last season was £31.17 on the Kop and £36.65 on the South, and I can't see it being any less next season. If you have a rough idea how many games you're likely to miss, then calculate roughly how much you'd spend going down the match day route (membership was £30 but reduced the averages to £27.61 and £32.48 respectively) vs. a season ticket.

Disappointing, they should announce them now so people have all the info to make an informed decision about whether to go for membership or an ST.

Well, we know the season ticket is the cheapest possible way (if you're going to x number of games) and from last season we know the average price of attending will be £28/30/32 depending on which stand you sit in.

But I agree, the POTG prices should be revealed when season tickets go on sale.

The average price of a match day ticket last season was £31.17 on the Kop and £36.65 on the South, and I can't see it being any less next season. If you have a rough idea how many games you're likely to miss, then calculate roughly how much you'd spend going down the match day route (membership was £30 but reduced the averages to £27.61 and £32.48 respectively) vs. a season ticket.

That high? I had a quick scan at prices and did rough estimates at £28 for the Kop and £32 for the South Stand. Thanks for being thorough!

The cold hard reality for me is that a season ticket just isn't viable.

Work and other commitments will mean I'll miss a good chunk of games and therefore it will cost me a fortune per game if i got one. (Assuming I could get the purchase past my missus.....)

Membership is the logical option for me.

I would have got a membership last summer but I was skint (I'd started my own business in the spring of 2015 and didn't take a wage for the best part of 5 months) and therefore didn't know how many matches I would be able to attend.

So this summer I think membership is the best option.

Who are you going to go with?

Thing is, if they are also going to miss a few games that are different to the ones you're going to miss, then you can let them use yours when you aren't there, and vice-versa when they aren't there...

Assuming you've got someone to take when you get the spare, the tickets aren't wasted, and you can probably get some of the money back in beer and a burger...

Who are you going to go with?

Thing is, if they are also going to miss a few games that are different to the ones you're going to miss, then you can let them use yours when you aren't there, and vice-versa when they aren't there...

Assuming you've got someone to take when you get the spare, the tickets aren't wasted, and you can probably get some of the money back in beer and a burger...

Most of my mates have season tickets already. (Using theirs in the past meant I had only accrued 50TPP over the past 2 years. Not sure I want to take the same risk in the future!)

So I take your point, but finding someone to share with could be tough. Plus I imagine we'd both want to go to the same games.

But sharing could be a way forward for some people.

Well, we know the season ticket is the cheapest possible way (if you're going to x number of games) and from last season we know the average price of attending will be £28/30/32 depending on which stand you sit in.

But I agree, the POTG prices should be revealed when season tickets go on sale.

That high? I had a quick scan at prices and did rough estimates at £28 for the Kop and £32 for the South Stand. Thanks for being thorough!

They had to be that high after the phase 3 and half ST prices.

I think this price freeze means we are less likely to see the same level of ST prices as last year's P3, which will mean the opportunity to reduce match prices slightly.

I doubt we will have any matches higher than this season's cat C next year. I expect Cat B and above will be binned.

Does anyone know if you can swap a kids season ticket for an adult ticket for a game? No idea how it works. Do you just pay the difference?

You can upgrade a kids ticket to adult for individual matches you just pay the difference, don't know about to full season ticket though.