Season tickets are flying out - here's the current state of play..

4 bought just now

had a season ticket since i was 7 till the promotion campaign back in league 1 a few years ago. 

Then working in a clothes shop for 2 and a 1/2 years ruled out having a season ticket due to working weekends. 

Went a few times last season but NOW IM BACK AND I CANNOT WAIT 

WE ARE GOING UP

Decent amount sold is that. Obviously some of the 5.5k new st holders would have been 'walk up' fans last season so the average may not increase as greatly as people assume, but it's a hell of a base level to be starting from. 

Childish I know but I'd love it if our st numbers were greater than the pigs total average. 

Think the figure is still just over 18,000 as the ticket office lady said, as the article only refers to closing in on 20,000 which would still be true with the above figure and there being over a month to go before the season starts.

It's a great effort and hopefully a few more sales to come to reach 19k. That's some increase year on year. 

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We are moving in the right direction, but I still think 20,000 should be the minimum for a club of our stature

I agree with this completely, the problem stems from the fact that historically our ground has always been sufficient in size for people to pick and choose games, hopefully a new ST culture may be developing. The less seats there are for walk-up supporters the more likely they are to commit to a ST....bring it on

Although getting away tickets will be a nitemare

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Decent amount sold is that. Obviously some of the 5.5k new st holders would have been 'walk up' fans last season so the average may not increase as greatly as people assume, but it's a hell of a base level to be starting from. 

Childish I know but I'd love it if our st numbers were greater than the pigs total average. 

I get what your saying but i would have thought that as well as an increase in season ticket sales wont mean a decrease in fans who buy matchday tickets. We had around 7k matchday average fans ( including away fans ) and would think that if we sold 20k season tickets we would probably looking at around 27k average for the season. Something which is very acheivable given that we will have near sell outs against newcastle, villa, barnsley and should have big crowds for the rotherham, derby, forest, leeds games too

48 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We are moving in the right direction, but I still think 20,000 should be the minimum for a club of our stature

Im not so sure. We have been poor for the best part of 20 years, the damage has been there for a long time. When you say a "club of our stature", we have a fairly big, loyal fanbase that we can be proud of, but there is a generation of people who have never seen the club in the top flight.

Chansiri has worked absolute miracles to get the club off its knees, but we're not there yet.

Guest mrbluesky

No doubt Matchday tickets will increase so the crowds may not differ to much from last season.

Boom fletcher signed people. If that's not a statement of intent then I don't know what is. If you can afford one I'd grab them now while the value is best. 

If I didn't work so many saturdays I would have bought one. 

Membership for me. 

31 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Surely, after so long on sale, if anyone is buying at the last minute and the website goes down, they should be asking THEMSELVES the question - Why did I wait util the last minute?

Have a day off will you. Some people like to hold onto their OWN money for as long as they can. The phrase 'better in my pocket than theirs' applies, and as it's their OWN money, they can do what the foook they like with it.