Season tickets are flying out - here's the current state of play..

1 hour ago, shaun pattinson said:

WTF:just bought my season ticket for the KOP:manager:not had a season ticket since 2003 

Congrats mate , and as a reward for buying on the Kop , you get to have your eardrums damaged by the band and their out of tune instruments. 

On 22 June 2016 at 10:01, Buxtongent said:

Hi, Nev.-and Salmon.

I was born in 1940, and my Dad first took me to Hillsborough (travelling from Hoyland, near Barnsley) when I was six years old. I started going REGULARLY in 1947, and I still proudly wear the Supporters' Club badge that he gave me in 47 with the comment 'Here Lad, I think tha're entitled to have thi' own badge now'

We usd to travel from Hoyland into Sheffield Centre on the Route 70 bus, and out to the ground by tram - the proper tram - a journey that took us at least an hour and a half each way. Very few cars those days and we couldn't afford one anyway.

I've stood on the old uncovered Kop (often being passed hand over hand to the front on busy matches), transferred into the 'Old Stand' and stood on terrace there as well as sat in that stand, and did my courting with my back against the barrier on the Leppings lane which actually collapsed at the disaster day. As you will gather, I can no longer stand for an entire match and am now one of the prawn sandwich brigade.

I went to Wembley recently, and was standing around outside around 12.45pm when I was approached by a Gentleman and young Lady, and asked if I required assistance since\ that was their job. I could often do with some assistance but have found that most Hillsborough Stewards are very helpful if approached. The one place I find difficulty is with the turnstile. The Lady there is very helpful and cheerful however, and patient whilst I manouver myself  and my two sticks through the gate. The provision of several disabled gates might help. Otherwise, the only thing that tends to spoil my enjoyment is people jumping in front of me when I cannot do so with alacrity.

I refuse to be placed in a wheel chair, since I am not fully functional, but have a large movement and there are others much worse off  than I. I suppose all I'm asking for is a little consideration. That would suffice.

I have recently renewed my ST for the 3 year period, and hope to be able to re-renew that. UTO.

You're an inspiration to us all.  I hope to have a similar story to tell one day.

'We used to drive to hillsborough, yes drive.  Don't remember cars do you...'

Guest Wonder Spaniel
44 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

This should be all over the website, social media, Sheffield Star - Deadline 1st July for season tickets.

We just don't hammer it enough to squeeze those last few sales out.

I would agree with this. There is a lot that our marketing dept could learn from other clubs in how to promote season tickets, one off match deals etc. A prime example is Derby who have steadily grown their season ticket and fan base on the back of realative success on the pitch, combined with sensible pricing and offers but really driven by an expanded and very active marketing department via email, social medial, community outreach, advertising etc. I feel that things are slowly improving at Hillsborough on this front, however, there is still room for improvement if we are to capitalise on our potential as things bet better with the team. Rome wasn't built in a day, I guess!