Season tickets are flying out - here's the current state of play..

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

For those who think Villa are a massive club, they are struggling to get to 14,000 season ticket sales. Derby at 22,000.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

On shares, I bought a £100 in late 70-s, just after we-d lost 0 -3 at home to Port Vale, if front a crowd of 6,800. Paid with my first pay packet.

You then got £10 off a season ticket for next 10 years. These shares dssolved with Milan-s take over. 

1 hour ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

For those who think Villa are a massive club, they are struggling to get to 14,000 season ticket sales. Derby at 22,000.

Surprised at Villa although I think they only had 20,000 last season. 

Derby are a few down which isn't surprising after letting fans down year after year.

Be interesting to know how many dirty Leeds have sold, must be well down with looney still in charge. 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Surprised at Villa although I think they only had 20,000 last season. 

Derby are a few down which isn't surprising after letting fans down year after year.

Be interesting to know how many dirty Leeds have sold, must be well down with looney still in charge. 

They had a good offer whereby they got money back if they don't make the play-offs which might help.

Just not bothered...

14 hours ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

They are a massive club but due to size of there ground won't sell many season tickets unless dirt cheap.

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 17:16, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Your Dad has got 12 years on me but for fans approaching their 80's the Club should do all it can to ensure the experience for the elderly who find the task a little onerous.

Hi, Nev.-and Salmon.

I was born in 1940, and my Dad first took me to Hillsborough (travelling from Hoyland, near Barnsley) when I was six years old. I started going REGULARLY in 1947, and I still proudly wear the Supporters' Club badge that he gave me in 47 with the comment 'Here Lad, I think tha're entitled to have thi' own badge now'

We usd to travel from Hoyland into Sheffield Centre on the Route 70 bus, and out to the ground by tram - the proper tram - a journey that took us at least an hour and a half each way. Very few cars those days and we couldn't afford one anyway.

I've stood on the old uncovered Kop (often being passed hand over hand to the front on busy matches), transferred into the 'Old Stand' and stood on terrace there as well as sat in that stand, and did my courting with my back against the barrier on the Leppings lane which actually collapsed at the disaster day. As you will gather, I can no longer stand for an entire match and am now one of the prawn sandwich brigade.

I went to Wembley recently, and was standing around outside around 12.45pm when I was approached by a Gentleman and young Lady, and asked if I required assistance since\ that was their job. I could often do with some assistance but have found that most Hillsborough Stewards are very helpful if approached. The one place I find difficulty is with the turnstile. The Lady there is very helpful and cheerful however, and patient whilst I manouver myself  and my two sticks through the gate. The provision of several disabled gates might help. Otherwise, the only thing that tends to spoil my enjoyment is people jumping in front of me when I cannot do so with alacrity.

I refuse to be placed in a wheel chair, since I am not fully functional, but have a large movement and there are others much worse off  than I. I suppose all I'm asking for is a little consideration. That would suffice.

I have recently renewed my ST for the 3 year period, and hope to be able to re-renew that. UTO.

Astonished they don't have wide gates to all lower tier areas for those with mobility difficulties BG.

The club could get done under the DDA which is about access for all and especially folk who are 'ambulant disabled' - not just those limited to wheel chairs or scooters.

Anyone, such as your good self and me Dad, who can prove they have attended regularly since 1867 should get a free season ticket in my view....WTF:

Edited by Flat Owl

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Hi, Nev.-and Salmon.

I was born in 1940, and my Dad first took me to Hillsborough (travelling from Hoyland, near Barnsley) when I was six years old. I started going REGULARLY in 1947, and I still proudly wear the Supporters' Club badge that he gave me in 47 with the comment 'Here Lad, I think tha're entitled to have thi' own badge now'

We usd to travel from Hoyland into Sheffield Centre on the Route 70 bus, and out to the ground by tram - the proper tram - a journey that took us at least an hour and a half each way. Very few cars those days and we couldn't afford one anyway.

I've stood on the old uncovered Kop (often being passed hand over hand to the front on busy matches), transferred into the 'Old Stand' and stood on terrace there as well as sat in that stand, and did my courting with my back against the barrier on the Leppings lane which actually collapsed at the disaster day. As you will gather, I can no longer stand for an entire match and am now one of the prawn sandwich brigade.

I went to Wembley recently, and was standing around outside around 12.45pm when I was approached by a Gentleman and young Lady, and asked if I required assistance since\ that was their job. I could often do with some assistance but have found that most Hillsborough Stewards are very helpful if approached. The one place I find difficulty is with the turnstile. The Lady there is very helpful and cheerful however, and patient whilst I manouver myself  and my two sticks through the gate. The provision of several disabled gates might help. Otherwise, the only thing that tends to spoil my enjoyment is people jumping in front of me when I cannot do so with alacrity.

I refuse to be placed in a wheel chair, since I am not fully functional, but have a large movement and there are others much worse off  than I. I suppose all I'm asking for is a little consideration. That would suffice.

I have recently renewed my ST for the 3 year period, and hope to be able to re-renew that. UTO.

Hi Buxton, I am on the North and enter through Gate 18, no turn styles involved. If you contact the club I'm sure they would quickly come up with a solution to your conundrum. UTO.

I might be wrong about my prediction we won't get much more than 18k season tickets, I just went on to see if the seat next to me on the kop was still available (it is but nothing else around is!)  - because my father in law (a blade, but a decent one) has always had a soft spot for Villa and wants to go, and I don't want to have to move for one game for us to be sat together.

I was put in a queue with 35 people in front of me.....that bodes well, to say only season tickets are on sale now.