Season ticket prices frozen for 1 month

I'm not sure if the price for both 1 and 3 year tickets have been frozen, and nor am I sure of peoples financial circumstances, but what I am about to explain may be of benefit to some.

Click this link, and apply for a Virgin Money Transfer Credit Card - http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/credit-cards/money-transfer-cards/

What you are basically doing, is applying for a credit card, that will pay you a cash lump sum (money transfer) in to your bank account. You then pay that cash lump sum back off, interest free, over a period of time that you set.

For instance, I took up the offer to buy a 3 year ST. I got a balance transfer of £1000.00 (to cover the majority of the 3 year ST), a fee of 1.69% (or £16.90 on £1000.00 pounds) and have to pay back, over 32 months, £1016.90, which works out around £31.78 per month. Or £35.00 according to Virgin, but anyway....

I hope this is maybe of help to some.

I do not work for Virgin, and nor am I associated with them in anyway. They couldn't afford me!

Graduate student starting in September- can I get a concession ticket? Is that possible online if I send confirmation of my acceptance onto a course?

You should get a concession yes, not sure if you'll need to ring them about the proof though.

S36 Owl  my god you are arrogant and so dismissive of DC business accumen. Learnt his lesson sure you mean taught his lesson, Season tickets getting sold just as we said they would. Can't argue that this past season has helped greatly. But we fans (some of us) needed shaking out of our complacency and we have been.    

I'm not sure if the price for both 1 and 3 year tickets have been frozen, and nor am I sure of peoples financial circumstances, but what I am about to explain may be of benefit to some.

Click this link, and apply for a Virgin Money Transfer Credit Card - http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/credit-cards/money-transfer-cards/

What you are basically doing, is applying for a credit card, that will pay you a cash lump sum (money transfer) in to your bank account. You then pay that cash lump sum back off, interest free, over a period of time that you set.

For instance, I took up the offer to buy a 3 year ST. I got a balance transfer of £1000.00 (to cover the majority of the 3 year ST), a fee of 1.69% (or £16.90 on £1000.00 pounds) and have to pay back, over 32 months, £1016.90, which works out around £31.78 per month. Or £35.00 according to Virgin, but anyway....

I do not work for Virgin, and nor am I associated with them in anyway. They couldn't afford me!

I got my ST in January (or should I say my dad bought it me) but how does that Virgin thing work? Could I transfer it across to my Natwest account?

So you are actually paying 35 x 32 = 1120.00 back.

Still a very good interest rate over 32 months.

I got my ST in January (or should I say my dad bought it me) but how does that Virgin thing work? Could I transfer it across to my Natwest account?

You can transfer the money to which bank account you want. I don't think there are any restrictions on account type (bank/post office, current or savings) but do check as I honestly don't know.

So how it works is that you need to apply for a Money Transfer Credit Card (your credit rating will affect the application), decide the amount you want to have transferred (or borrow, if you like), then decide on the length of interest free repayment. If approved, they basically send you a credit card, transfer the money to your chosen account and set up a Direct Debit to pay it back. Careful though if you use the card as a credit card, as this may affect your initial transfer repayments. Again check this out before you do. I have simply thrown my card in a drawer and not even activated it, so it can't be used anyway.

Does that sort of make sense?

So you are actually paying 35 x 32 = 1120.00 back.

Still a very good interest rate over 32 months.

No, I realised that mistake after I posted it. I was referring to the way the website is currently calculating the repayment amount.

For some reason, it was working it out £35.00 a month over 30 months, instead of working out the amount over 32 months. Based on £35.00 per month, and based on my own transfer cost (£1016.90 inc. fees) I would guess it would be 29 x £35.00 plus one at £1.90. They might round the monthly repayment up (reducing the term) but all I know is that it is interest free, plus the small fee for setting it up. All I will pay back over 32 (or 30) months is £1016.90.

Hope that's cleared it up. I believe I have got this all correct but please do check with Virgin.

Well, wasn't gonna renew this year even if we went up. The problem with being in the military is I get sent away overseas quite often and as I'm unlucky, always during the season. Missed the last 4 months of last season as I'm in a sand pit....again. Wasn't getting value for money so was going the membership route and potd this season. However, with the prices frozen I'm taking the plunge again...3 tickets bought for me and my sons for the grandstand, hopefully no deployments for next season!!

I may have mentioned this on another thread, got mine for the Grandstand today, £45 for me and my lad, bloody marvellous. I would strongly urge any fans who have a child/children with a disability to take advantage of this offer its works out at a quid a game for both of us.

Well, wasn't gonna renew this year even if we went up. The problem with being in the military is I get sent away overseas quite often and as I'm unlucky, always during the season. Missed the last 4 months of last season as I'm in a sand pit....again. Wasn't getting value for money so was going the membership route and potd this season. However, with the prices frozen I'm taking the plunge again...3 tickets bought for me and my sons for the grandstand, hopefully no deployments for next season!!

Nice one.

Thank you for your service.