Season ticket prices frozen for 1 month

Guest Ash76

Out of interest, just wondering if you bought a dozen tickets at membership prices, would that still cost less than a cheaper season ticket?

It did last year more or less

Guest DontblametheRef

Why the incessant digging at our own fans. Even good news like "season ticket prices frozen " quickly descends into having a pop at our own fans. Last season I couldn't afford a season ticket in the summer as id just plundered all my pennies into a new house. For 3 seasons previous i had one. The one before that I couldn't afford again as hmrc had hit me with a bill at the wrong time. Ive just spent £1500 staying in London for 3 days sightseeing after the game. This year i will be getting a season ticket so glad prices are frozen. People have lives, other expenses, other interests etc etc, but they still love Wednesday, wether they have a season ticket or go to 5 home games a season , they're still Wednesday aren't they?

Why the incessant digging at our own fans. Even good news like "season ticket prices frozen " quickly descends into having a pop at our own fans. Last season I couldn't afford a season ticket in the summer as id just plundered all my pennies into a new house. For 3 seasons previous i had one. The one before that I couldn't afford again as hmrc had hit me with a bill at the wrong time. Ive just spent £1500 staying in London for 3 days sightseeing after the game. This year i will be getting a season ticket so glad prices are frozen. People have lives, other expenses, other interests etc etc, but they still love Wednesday, wether they have a season ticket or go to 5 home games a season , they're still Wednesday aren't they?

Agreed

After Saturday it felt like one big massive family get together - whether they had been once all season or had been to every game for the past ten seasons - we all support the same side and made it one great day. 

You don't have to justify yourself mate. If you can get one and you want one then it's your decision.

Doesn't make you more or less of a fan.

Ignore some of the sacks on here

Out of interest, just wondering if you bought a dozen tickets at membership prices, would that still cost less than a cheaper season ticket?

I spent £411 (including the membership) last season to sit in the South for league games, whereas the cheapest South Stand season ticket would have been £550, rising to £580 next season. It's just too big a gap for me to justify a season ticket when I know that there are plenty of games I won't be able to make during the season. I usually come with three others too, so any loss would be multiplied four times if we all bought season tickets.

I could have bought a Kop season ticket last season for £395, but if I wanted to sit on the Kop, I could have just bought the tickets on my membership card for £349. Plus I much prefer to sit in the South Stand.

As things stand, I'm happy buying the membership card and buying tickets for the games I can get to. If there were a Saturday season ticket or a 10 game season ticket, I'd probably be straight on it.

As I say though - if anyone's in a position to be able to make use of a season ticket, then the club are doing everything to make this good value with this announcement. 

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

I am only taking the wee wee you know? I couldn't afford one last season, I got a half season one and have renewed next season. Money is the be all and end all. It's a legitimate reason not to buy one and it shows intelligence by not going into debt you can't afford. The stuff that annoys me is the other reasons or people saying over and over again that money is a valid reason. Even after everyone has accepted it's a valid reason. There are reasons not to get a season ticket.

I spent £411 (including the membership) last season to sit in the South for league games, whereas the cheapest South Stand season ticket would have been £550, rising to £580 next season. It's just too big a gap for me to justify a season ticket when I know that there are plenty of games I won't be able to make during the season. I usually come with three others too, so any loss would be multiplied four times if we all bought season tickets.

I could have bought a Kop season ticket last season for £395, but if I wanted to sit on the Kop, I could have just bought the tickets on my membership card for £349. Plus I much prefer to sit in the South Stand.

As things stand, I'm happy buying the membership card and buying tickets for the games I can get to. If there were a Saturday season ticket or a a 10 game season ticket, I'd probably be straight on it.

As I say though - if anyone's in a position to be able to make use of a season ticket, then the club are doing everything to make this good value with this announcement.

Makes sense. I did similar this season.

Great decision by the Club, and one that may well get my dad back on board with a season ticket. Sadly, it's distance rather than price which is the problem for me, but I've subscribed to the Owls Foundation this week and will purchase a 2016/17 membership when they're back on sale; even though I won't be the financial value from it.

As things stand, I'm happy buying the membership card and buying tickets for the games I can get to. If there were a Saturday season ticket or a 10 game season ticket, I'd probably be straight on it.

Possible option would be for a few of you who go together to club together and get some ST's + memberships that you share.

Maybe it's all too complicated or not applicable, but could save you all some money if between you all the ST's are used for most games.

Agreed

After Saturday it felt like one big massive family get together - whether they had been once all season or had been to every game for the past ten seasons - we all support the same side and made it one great day. 

Being at the pubs in London talking to other Wednesdayites I'd never met makes you realise nobody cared at all if you were a ST holder or not, long as you knew all the words to sing.