What has made me proud to be an Owl this weekend

I didn't see any of our fans in tears on Saturday (although I did hear about a few very young kids crying which is understandable) and everyone I spoke too or have read comments from online admitted that Hull were the better team on the day.

Everyone seems to have enjoyed the day and shown dignity in defeat and are happy with the progress made with Carlos and Mr Chansiri this season.

Roll on the new season (or pre-season when they decide to release details)

WAWAW

I cried, not ashamed to admit it. It's the hope that gets you!

But looking back at it now (and having re-watched the game on Sky) we really didn't do that badly. Hull just stopped us playing in the final third, which ultimately was our undoing.

But THAT atmosphere with those fans? Incredible. I wouldn't actually wish it away, even though we lost!

Few tears from my 8 year old, and he had a tantrum where he ripped up his clapper thing at the end (good riddance to the bloody thing!), but on the whole I'm amazed that so many people took it so well. Fantastic supporters. I actually didn't take it too badly, gutted obviously but maybe it was because we were outplayed on the day, maybe because I did actually expect us to lose/struggle against a strong Hull team whereas so many people here last week seemed to think it was a given that we'd win, but perhaps mostly because we weren't actually expected to be even in the play offs at the start of the season (and definitely not at the end of September!). Definite grounds for optimism next season, the foundations have been laid as promised by Mr Chansiri, and we need to push on and build on this season from here.

Thought the fans being upbeat and cheering after the game was special. Always look on the bright side of life being sung... When mind the gap was announced on the tube and we all simultaneously burst into "Mind the Gap, Mind the Gap Sheffield United" with a cheeky grin on our faces, great moment which will stay with me. Great to see how we dealt with defeat on Saturday, reminded me why I'm so proud to be a Wednesdayite! Also during the game the fans really were willing the ball forward, if the teams had been close we really could have made the difference, it was palpable! UTO

Edited by We are all Wednesday

I cried at the end - not through disappointment of the result but for the absolute sense of pride of what I had been a part of. 

I said before a ball had been kicked at the start of the season that club was about to be ripped from the hearts of the supporters. How wrong could I have possibly been. I have never felt more Wednesday in my entire life as I do right now. 

I was only 7 when I went to Wembley in 93 so it isn't really a memory. 2005 was great in Cardiff. But Saturday was just unbelievable. I'm not married, I dont have kids so its an experience that ranks well up there in the best experiences of my entire life. The noise in between 50 mins and 70 mins was spine tingling and i'll be surprised if Wembley has ever/will ever hear noise like it again.  

Thanks Mr Chansiri. Thanks Carlos. Thanks Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

I cried, not ashamed to admit it. It's the hope that gets you!

But looking back at it now (and having re-watched the game on Sky) we really didn't do that badly. Hull just stopped us playing in the final third, which ultimately was our undoing.

But THAT atmosphere with those fans? Incredible. I wouldn't actually wish it away, even though we lost!

Pretty much the same for me. Think watching the game again helped to feel better about the result.

Guest Hirstpower

still crying like a baby now, with pride and the fact we never turned up and chucked away 170 million and also the fact that it wont be as easy to obtain that posistion next season.

I cried at the end - not through disappointment of the result but for the absolute sense of pride of what I had been a part of. 

I said before a ball had been kicked at the start of the season that club was about to be ripped from the hearts of the supporters. How wrong could I have possibly been. I have never felt more Wednesday in my entire life as I do right now. 

I was only 7 when I went to Wembley in 93 so it isn't really a memory. 2005 was great in Cardiff. But Saturday was just unbelievable. I'm not married, I dont have kids so its an experience that ranks well up there in the best experiences of my entire life. The noise in between 50 mins and 70 mins was spine tingling and i'll be surprised if Wembley has ever/will ever hear noise like it again.  

Thanks Mr Chansiri. Thanks Carlos. Thanks Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

Exactly the same here mate. In fact i remember posting "It'll all end in tears" in the WM Owls board, and now feel more like a Wednesdayite than ever before.

What has made me proud to be an Owl this weekend?

Absolutely faaarking everything. This is what we were born to and for. Next season will be glory, glory, glory. (oops)

I love The Wednesday. Our fans are incomparable. Cannot wait for August.

YEEEEE HAH!!

Edited by VictoryBell

We got great fans who travelled in high numbers to all the away matches.     All the fans who went did us proud you got behind the team,  tried to help us get into premiership.

Hope to see plenty of new and old faces back at Hillsborough in August ready for another season playing championship 

Up the Owls.