3 players for next season?

What would your reaction be if on the Brighton forum they said

"Forestieri, Lees and McCormack please!"

I'd be happy that they regarded our players as some of the best in the division.

My inclusion criteria was the championship-Who is anyone to say who is available or not?

I'll tell you what though, ironically YOU'RE the one that keeps going on about Ziyech, one of the top players in the Netherlands, and controversially rejected the Netherland's national team-so don't mention that other people's suggestions are unrealistic!

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

Proven players who are better than we have in their positions. Test them, put bids in and it then depends on if they will sell. We know that players (and agents) get itchy feet when bids come in because it means an instant pay rise for starters.

I'd be happy that they regarded our players as some of the best in the division.

My inclusion criteria was the championship-Who is anyone to say who is available or not?

I'll tell you what though, ironically YOU'RE the one that keeps going on about Ziyech, one of the top players in the Netherlands, and controversially rejected the Netherland's national team-so don't mention that other people's suggestions are unrealistic!

I keep acknowledging Ziyech is a pipe dream pretty much every time I mention him... but he still wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as Knockaert would cost us. 

How much would you sell Forestieri to Brighton for... £10 million? £12 million? I wouldn't be happy with anything less than £10-£12 million at the minute, and Brighton will be in exactly the same boat regarding Knockaert. How much would you sell Tom Lees for... again at least £8 million, and Brighton hold Dunk in a very similar regard so you'd imagine that he would be a similar price. 

FC Twente have been relegated to the second division with financial problems... I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest Ziyech would be available for about £5 million. We could offer him £32k a week on a three year deal, and the total transfer outlay would still be less than what I suspect just the transfer fee alone would be to get Knockaert here. Honestly the reality of the situation is that we have more chance getting Ziyech than we do Knockaert... if we'd got promoted on Saturday we'd have the pulling power to get the likes of Dunk and Knockaert, but while we're in the same division there's no way in a million years that Brighton would sell their top talent to a promotion rival.

If anyone on the Brighton forum suggested they could realistically get Lees and Forestieri, we'd laugh at them. 

Edited by StudentOwl

Obviously those players would be expensive to buy-is your point that we couldn't afford them? or that you don't think Chansiri would pay so much?

I keep acknowledging Ziyech is a pipe dream pretty much every time I mention him... but he still wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as Knockaert would cost us. 

How much would you sell Forestieri to Brighton for... £10 million? £12 million? I wouldn't be happy with anything less than £10-£12 million at the minute, and Brighton will be in exactly the same boat regarding Knockaert. How much would you sell Tom Lees for... again at least £8 million, and Brighton hold Dunk in a very similar regard so you'd imagine that he would be a similar price. 

FC Twente have been relegated to the second division with financial problems... I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest Ziyech would be available for about £5 million. We could offer him £32k a week on a three year deal, and the total transfer outlay would still be less than what I suspect just the transfer fee alone would be to get Knockaert here. Honestly the reality of the situation is that we have more chance getting Ziyech than we do Knockaert... if we'd got promoted on Saturday we'd have the pulling power to get the likes of Dunk and Knockaert, but while we're in the same division there's no way in a million years that Brighton would sell their top talent to a promotion rival.

If anyone on the Brighton forum suggested they could realistically get Lees and Forestieri, we'd laugh at them. 

Not a chance we would get a player like Ziyech. Why would he come to the 2nd tier of English football? how do you know how much he would cost and his wages?

Too much football manager for you I reckon...

Obviously those players would be expensive to buy-is your point that we couldn't afford them? or that you don't think Chansiri would pay so much?

Not a chance we would get a player like Ziyech. Why would he come to the 2nd tier of English football? how do you know how much he would cost and his wages?

Too much football manager for you I reckon...

Love that that's your go to response

No way could you sign Hakim Ziyech to Wednesday on Football Manager anyway lol  

As I keep saying, I know it's a pipe dream, I keep saying it- but it's still more realistic than Knockaert. I never thought we'd be able to bring Matias to the second tier of English football last pre-season, yet here we are (And for one reason or another, he was naff!)

Nowt wrong with Maguire. Him and Hutchison would be a great option both at cdm and cb

If was 2 stone lighter, not built like a wardrobe and could actually run he could be a top player.

He's nowhere near good enough for a team looking to go up as shown by Hull this season.

CC said during the last summer's window that we will go for players with Championship/Prem pedigree but have perhaps fallen out of favour with their current clubs. We then signed Bannan, Wallace, FF, Hooper, Hunt, Pudil, Turner, McGeady at various points during the season (with varying degrees of success too) that fall into that exact category. 

I think we will operate the same this coming season so I cant see us splashing out 7,8, 9,10m on individual players e.g. Knockaert.

I think we'll look at who becomes surplus at the promoted clubs when they have strengthened, out of favour Prem players looking to resurrect their careers, and the odd overseas player that CC fancies/has knowledge.

So Donaldson and Maguire so far. Not exactly the type of names I'm hoping to be linked with.

lol

Our squad is OK, just needs a bit more height and strength. Still think Crouch would be a good high profile signing. Him and hooper would fit well together I'm sure

Don't see what the fuss is about with Dunk. He's decent, but not really an upgrade on Loovens or Lees, and wouldn't come as back up

I think Dunk is absolutely class, he will definitely be a premier league footballer soon enough. And he's much better than Loovens.

Love that that's your go to response

No way could you sign Hakim Ziyech to Wednesday on Football Manager anyway lol

As I keep saying, I know it's a pipe dream, I keep saying it- but it's still more realistic than Knockaert. I never thought we'd be able to bring Matias to the second tier of English football last pre-season, yet here we are (And for one reason or another, he was naff!)

it's not gonna happen. You clearly don't realise that Ziyech is a big name in Holland and he'll end up at one of the top Dutch clubs or a top English, Spanish or German club. As for Knockaert he is a good championship player but still a failed premiership player. He is far more likely than Ziyech.