Anyone else going down with medical/health issues?

Bit of a strange one really - I've had severe anxiety issues for over a decade now. With me it's brought on by claustrophobia and sometimes agoraphobia (yes you can have both!)

03-04 I missed the entire season due to my illness and since then have slowly worked my way back to going to games - with the odd away game too.

But the furthest I've been from home in ten years is Manchester, and I'm absolutely bricking it about the journey down tomorrow.

I've been on meds for years but the doc has prescribed something a bit stronger in case I need it.

Really, the message is - there are more people out there with this sort of problem than you'd think - and the thought that there are fellow Owls out there going through the same scenario is perversely reassuring!

I know a few Wednesdayites in a similar situation - one was homebound for six years and hasn't been to an away game in years.

There's also a member on here with irritable bowel syndrome that has similarly missed a lot of Wednesday games.

I can't remember who it is, but I hope he makes it tomorrow.

Whatever the result tomorrow - the day will go down as a personal milestone for a lot of people.

Here's to them.

UTO.

Hope you are okay Kivo. I know you had said that you found away games hard for medical reasons but didn't know what they were.

Are you using public transport or a direct coach? If it is the former it may help to know that my girls have just experienced the tube for the first time and we're both very nervous. But 5 minutes walking around Leicester Square afterwards and they have bounced straight back.

Guest mkowl

I am sure you will be fine Kivo.

Just read the old ticket price threads and before you know it you will be in London. But in all seriousness hope it goes ok and you can enjoy the win.

Hats off to you for going mate, i hope u enjoy the day. My wife has exactly the same and has missed many games this year, or hasnt been able to get through the whole game and left early. She has opted to give wembley a miss this time round, it'll be nice for her to know other people have the same feelings. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, hopefully immersed in what promises to be a great atmosphere. If theres anything I can do to help let me know.

Sure you'll manage it Kivo, thoughts with you (Been there myself and half returning to someone that can't even go outside at the minute myself  :wacko: ) and I'm certain that being amongst friends, the meds and the occasion will, if anything ironically enough, give you something to channel any adrenaline into in a positive way.

Had a massive panic/anxiety attack in London last summer (while on my own!), and honestly I dealt with it better there than I have done elsewhere. There are plenty of really quiet parks throughout London where you can go and sit and get away from it all. Appreciate obviously you'll be somewhat limited in where you're going, but there's a wonderful park about a five minute walk away from St Pancras station where squirrels will come up to you and eat out of your hand if you offer them food and it's surprisingly quiet considering its location. Tavistock Square Gardens... if you're travelling by train and feel you need 15 minutes, strongly recommend it  :happy:

Hope you overcome your anxietys & have a great day Kivo.

I'll be pretty healthy on the way down but can't vouch for my health on the way home & in particular Sunday morning. Hopefully I'll have an hangover over to end all hangovers.

Bit of a strange one really - I've had severe anxiety issues for over a decade now. With me it's brought on by claustrophobia and sometimes agoraphobia (yes you can have both!)

03-04 I missed the entire season due to my illness and since then have slowly worked my way back to going to games - with the odd away game too.

But the furthest I've been from home in ten years is Manchester, and I'm absolutely bricking it about the journey down tomorrow.

I've been on meds for years but the doc has prescribed something a bit stronger in case I need it.

Really, the message is - there are more people out there with this sort of problem than you'd think - and the thought that there are fellow Owls out there going through the same scenario is perversely reassuring!

I know a few Wednesdayites in a similar situation - one was homebound for six years and hasn't been to an away game in years.

There's also a member on here with irritable bowel syndrome that has similarly missed a lot of Wednesday games.

I can't remember who it is, but I hope he makes it tomorrow.

Whatever the result tomorrow - the day will go down as a personal milestone for a lot of people.

Here's to them.

UTO.

I still have mental scars from having attended the 03/04 season but Carlos has come up with a remedy to help me forget!

Hope you are able to enjoy the day as much as we all hope to.

How you getting down Kivo ? I'm on Wednesdayite coach fro. Elmwood farm. Think we're getting a tube for one stop and joining eDDie etc when we're there.

Me and the old man in the car - if the smack does its job I might be in a state to meet up with a few of you.

Good on yer fella. My 28 year old son has learning difficulties and autism and many little hang ups one of which is the fear of travelling very far from the safety of home.

He has been to every home match this season but flatly refused to consider going tomorrow. Myself and his brother will be there while he watches from the safety of our lounge.