LOPEZ OR HUTCH?

I think the team for tomrrow is all but certain who will start.

westwood

hunt       loovens     lees       pudil

?

Lee

Wallace                                 Bannan

Fessi

Hooper

Big throw up between Lopez & Hutchinson. Lopez has been in outstanding form the past few games. But IMO Hutch was out saviour Vs Brighton.

Hutch for me tomrrow - but he needs to keep his head the full 90. cant afford to go down to 10.

3 career red cards both for second bookable offences - Nothing to worry about with Hutchinson in terms of his committed style.

I'm torn between the 2. For me, I dont particularly rate Lopez. He can obviously play a bit however he needs to be in the game all the time to have an impact. The game has a tendancy to pass him by and as a result, he becomes a passenger. Against their midfield, we cant afford any passengers. On the other hand, if he gets on the ball and can get a grasp on the game early, he has the ability to be the orchestrator in there. 

We know what we get from Hutch. He's been the main stay in that midfield across the season. The commitment, the drive, the bite. I think that is too much to miss in this game against Huddlestone and Livermore. 

If it was my headache, i'd go for Hutch. 

Edited by ramone

I would be delighted with either Lopez or Hutch starting there.

I think the comparison between the 1st and 2nd halves at the Amex are not like for like. Brighton blew themselves out in the first half-hour and we went in level at half-time anyway. Who's to say Lopez wouldn't have started running the game in the 2nd half?

I would be delighted with either Lopez or Hutch starting there.

I think the comparison between the 1st and 2nd halves at the Amex are not like for like. Brighton blew themselves out in the first half-hour and we went in level at half-time anyway. Who's to say Lopez wouldn't have started running the game in the 2nd half?

Fair point but I think that Hutch would have done more to help stem the first half onslaught.

Our best midfield is Wallace Lee Bannan Fessi.

Our best attack is Hooper Joao (with Nuhiu later).

So for me its neither.

If Carlos is starting with Fessi/Hooper, which I hope he doesnt cos it is a waste of both, then Lopez for me. Madness to risk all on Hutch not doing a Charlton.

Hutch for me sitting in front of the back four.

Then Lee, Bannan and Forestieri as an industrious three in front.

Finally Hooper and either Joao or Nuhiu up top. Nuhiu if we're looking for an 'out' ball which I hope we aren't or Joao if we are looking to tire out Dawson and Davies.

Lopez

Hutchinson was great the other night to stop the threat and clear up the non stop attack. But attacking wise and flowing forward we are SO much better with Lopez who is quicker and faster at moving the ball forward whilst doing the same job.  

Can't remember what home game it was towards the end of the season, but Hutchinson was subbed off and Lopez came on at half-time and changed the game completely.

Has to be Lopez. We need to be on the front foot with the ball at our feet, taking the game to them.

We can;t invite pressure by having someone sit right in-front of the defence, that'll play right into their hands. Bring Hutch on when the time is right. (When we're 2-0 with 1 to go)