Ticket requests from genuine, long term Owlstalk users.

Guest lynblu

Have changed my profile pic to one of my granddaughter at her 1st Wednesday match Bless Her, she must have been about 4 years old.  We'd kitted her out in a new Wednesday track suit and she was wearing her Uncle Nathans scarf and hat ...She loved it and has gone to as many matches as she possibly can since either with us as a family/with Uncle Nathan come rain snow or blow and been frozen stiff but loves every minute.   She's 12 now and was so looking forward to Wembley but alas it wasn't to be and they're going to be so near yet so far.  She'll lap up the atmosphere and will have a great time nontheless, there will be other fans in the same situation.  I have to say although we weren't successful in getting tickets, they were allocated in the fairest way possible ...........

Think the club did it fairly.

I understand what the OP is driving at and if there were fewer or zero touts then there would be more availability at lower prices for those that really desreve them.

The difficulty in using the forum is that it's apart from the hardcore 10% the rest of us are unknown and unquantifiable.

I've followed this club since a lad, I've seen Mark Smith, Mick Lyons, Mel Sterland, Imré Varadi, Andy Blair, Hirsty and all that followed....... I was there in 91 when we beat Man Utd. at Wembley, I was also there when we were 5-0 down at half time to Everton in the FA cup. 4-4 Chelsea when we were 3-0 up at half time. 1-0 defeat to Arsenal in Q final league cup ( flukey Winterburn effort squirmed under Martin Hodge { what a player he was } ) I was on the Kop for the Didwellwilson moment as he lashed the ball home. None of this made a difference this week, but they events that I'll never forget be they good or bad.

Family life took over, I moved away and although I don't go to as many games as I used to my passion for the club has never wavered.

I'll always be WTID.

Here's to a great final, of course I wish I was going but I'll be cheering them on in HD come 5pm Saturday.

Enjoy the day lads, these are the special ones.

I can confirm this post is entirely in keeping with the Wild (Smith) thing we all know.

lol

Hey, if it pays for my travel and hotel costs and people get tickets who am I to complain?

TOUT ON TOUR 2KN16 IDST

I must say I have looked at that ticket thread and I can spot at least three touts on there.

Deejay1 does say in the first post that if you are selling a ticket, consider who you are selling to and if they are real fans.

If someone has just joined Owlstalk to specifically ask for tickets, that you don't know if they are a fan or not - whatever the sob story.

If you have a poster like Sonofbert with 18'000 posts and a consistent back story, then I would suggest that's the kind of person that you guarantee is genuine.

I really don't like all this begging for tickets , makes me feel very uncomfortable, people bringing kids and family members into it as if it will make a difference. At the end of the day, if you haven't got a ticket it's because you haven't been to enough games this season or you didn't use the purchasing system correctly.

At the end of the day It's not the end of the world if little Johnny or Uncle Herbert can't go to their first ever Wednesday match this weekend.

Hi all

In my case I have always read owlstalk but never joined until the desperate need for tickets when we didn't get on tuesday.  Living in Ireland for 21 years, we get to a game every year, was at charlton home this year in march but did not use my id to buy 2 tickets. I was at wembley 4 times in 93 and in cardiff in 05.  Hoping desperately for 2 tickets for myself and my 8 year old son who is finally adopting the owls as his team (rather than the usual man u's, chelsea etc over here).......

Let me know if any help available.

Thanks

UTO

You should go here https://www.facebook.com/groups/Irish.0wls/

There's loads more 'paddy owls' and loads of us are going.

My best friends aunties brothers cousin twice removed has not got a ticket because he/she has been to every game this season using a child's season ticket and has lost all their stubs. He/she also has brittle bones and possibly will suffer from a debilitating illness of your choice at some point in their life, but I don't really know them all that well so I don't know. They also own at least one Wednesday shirt and walked past the ground last summer. Oh and he/she has cat AIDS.

You really wouldn't want them to miss out would you? Send me your ticket for them to go and I'll sell it.

i dont give a stuff if you've a million posts or 1 post on Owlstalk,

if youve not been to a game for whatever reason you have no justification to moan about lack of ticket buying opportunity.

If you didn't collect your TPP or you have none thats your fault, the incentive is clearly there  and those who have deserve their place in the queue..

and touts, do me a favour, they dont need to scab on here pretending for tickets.  Some people just have a complex.

i think we should just keep it simple to be honest.

Sell your tickets at how much you bought them for. End of story. Dont buy above the price. That way if the touts have bought some tickets they will make a loss. Yes its a shame that some SWFC fans wont be able to make it because they are being outpriced by touts but the only way to stop the touts is to refuse buying from them.