Ticket requests from genuine, long term Owlstalk users.

Guest lynblu

Where were you in August,September,October,November etc etc?

??? where was I? What do ya mean, the fact that I've only just joined Owlstalk? Yeah I admit I'm new to it and I've held my hands up and explained why I've joined........  'Welcome aboard Lyn, good to have new members' ?!?!?

Just been reading the thread where the bloke offered three tickets due to a baby being born and it is scary how many people who were asking for tickets have no history on Owlstalk whatsoever and have only been members for the last week or so. This has lead to many concluding, fairly or not, that they are touts.

Now I'm not saying that they are touts; I think it is perfectly reasonable that some genuine fans may have joined the forum in their desperation for tickets. However it is at least a little suspicious when the vast majority of those asking for tickets have no history.

So this is what I am suggesting. People with genuine long term histories of using Owlstalk and who are looking for tickets can put their names in here and other long term posters can vouch for them. Then people looking to sell tickets can look in here for people who are more likely to be genuine.

As for people who have no history but are genuine, I realise that this is not fair on you. So how about this: you will probably have friends on here who have been posters for much longer. Maybe you can get them to post a testimonial for you or something. There must be lots on here whose word can be trusted.

Of course I realise how elitist this thread may appear and I understand if the mods decide it is unfair and chose to delete it. No hard feelings if so; I was just trying to find a solution to the problem we are having.

Anyway, I'll start the ball rolling: The only poster in that thread asking for tickets that I have ever heard of before was

CoopsSWFC

How can you conclude that all new members are touts? Have you ever thought people may just read owlstalk without wanting to contribute, but now out of desperation may have joined to seek tickets? I read owlstalk daily but have only recently felt the need to join (not to seek tickets)

There's many of fans in positions where they may have not purchased a membership previously or bought under an ID? I agreed with the sales system however I can see how many potential previous season ticket holders etc have missed out due to the ID policy.

Your not an elite fan just because you have 1K plus posts for owlstalk. I'm pretty sure its just a case of due-diligence to be had per transaction.

I'm still trying to get hold of 2 tickets for a couple of mates and have been for the last few days (unless they're successful in the ballott for the extra tickets).

I've been posting on here since the whole Geoff Sheard fiasco and used to work with Wolfman Jack who I'm sure would vouch for me.

??? where was I? What do ya mean, the fact that I've only just joined Owlstalk? Yeah I admit I'm new to it and I've held my hands up and explained why I've joined........ 'Welcome aboard Lyn, good to have new members' ?!?!?

Get your son to vouch for you and shut up any doubters. That is the whole idea of this thread.

I'm still trying to get hold of 2 tickets for a couple of mates and have been for the last few days (unless they're successful in the ballott for the extra tickets).

I've been posting on here since the whole Geoff Sheard fiasco and used to work with Wolfman Jack who I'm sure would vouch for me.

no chance a touts would know who the f*ck Geoff Shear is. User chalks out.

Here is a counter theory. The OP is a tout and he is making up username but trying to cover his tracks?

Terrible when people throw mud around isn't it?

Perhaps I am. Perhaps the last 6 years have all been one giant scam leading up to this moment.

Read the post again though. I acknowledge that there are probably genuine reasons for signing up now. But I also acknowledge that people are openly expressing concerns over touts. I am trying to offer a solution.

It's not fair, but fairness often has to go out of the window because touts ruin it for everyone. In a sense, having staged sales so ST holders have first dibs isn't "fair". I confess to being a little skeptical of the people who suddenly sign up with a four letter name plus four random numbers as a username, but then maybe that's just what the board offers as a default username. Still.

I wish it didn't have to be like this but then I suspect many of the people upset that suspicion is being drawn to them wouldn't remove the locks from their doors...

Just been reading the thread where the bloke offered three tickets due to a baby being born and it is scary how many people who were asking for tickets have no history on Owlstalk whatsoever and have only been members for the last week or so. This has lead to many concluding, fairly or not, that they are touts.

Now I'm not saying that they are touts; I think it is perfectly reasonable that some genuine fans may have joined the forum in their desperation for tickets. However it is at least a little suspicious when the vast majority of those asking for tickets have no history.

So this is what I am suggesting. People with genuine long term histories of using Owlstalk and who are looking for tickets can put their names in here and other long term posters can vouch for them. Then people looking to sell tickets can look in here for people who are more likely to be genuine.

As for people who have no history but are genuine, I realise that this is not fair on you. So how about this: you will probably have friends on here who have been posters for much longer. Maybe you can get them to post a testimonial for you or something. There must be lots on here whose word can be trusted.

Of course I realise how elitist this thread may appear and I understand if the mods decide it is unfair and chose to delete it. No hard feelings if so; I was just trying to find a solution to the problem we are having.

Anyway, I'll start the ball rolling: The only poster in that thread asking for tickets that I have ever heard of before was

CoopsSWFC

Thanks leaping lanny it's appreciated and yes I'm still looking for 4 tickets ideally but will take whatever comes my way.

??? where was I? What do ya mean, the fact that I've only just joined Owlstalk? Yeah I admit I'm new to it and I've held my hands up and explained why I've joined........ 'Welcome aboard Lyn, good to have new members' ?!?!?

You don't need to be registered on Owlstalk to get tickets is my point.

You need to go to games and get points.

Welcome BTW. I just don't get this pleading for tickets when you've not been to games but understand the fair weatherness.

Im sure it won't just be me who has seen tricky Trev post before either.

If you have any spares then please put him just behind me in order of preference :-)

Guest Liam6576

I was one of the people in that post and I did get the tickets. I can assure you I'm not a tout.

Been a fan since a kid even when we moved to down south about an hour from London. Used to do the 4 hour round trip to come to hillsborough every Saturday for years. Couldn't afford a season ticket recently so could only go to games that were close (MK Dons, London based games). Was told to try owls talk (never heard of it before) after failing to get tickets Tuesday.

It's not fair to assume everyone with recent post history is a tout but checking they're not won't hurt, asking for proof e.g. Shirt or anything regarding Wednesday would be viable proof.

??? where was I? What do ya mean, the fact that I've only just joined Owlstalk? Yeah I admit I'm new to it and I've held my hands up and explained why I've joined........  'Welcome aboard Lyn, good to have new members' ?!?!?

A lot on here live for this site and if it ceased to be,  would curl up in a corner, fester and die. 

They think every single person who has ever had any affinity with SWFC spends every waking hour on here, they would be surprised, if not amazed,  at the percentage who have never heard of the site let alone don't post on it.

Like I said, if the mods feel it is unfair then I would like them to delete this.

Can more people express their opinions on if my idea is fair so we can help decide whether this thread should exist.

What happens if you get a ticket that says concession in the corner   gary megson

How can you conclude that all new members are touts? Have you ever thought people may just read owlstalk without wanting to contribute, but now out of desperation may have joined to seek tickets? I read owlstalk daily but have only recently felt the need to join (not to seek tickets)

There's many of fans in positions where they may have not purchased a membership previously or bought under an ID? I agreed with the sales system however I can see how many potential previous season ticket holders etc have missed out due to the ID policy.

Your not an elite fan just because you have 1K plus posts for owlstalk. I'm pretty sure its just a case of due-diligence to be had per transaction.

Totally agree,

I am a new member -

I did join before the ticket saga but didn't get validated while after so i could post, I have read Owlstalk for years and been active on Twitter for ages where i have at times helped fellow Owls (alot i have never met) on the ticketing swap/sale - travel arrangements. Not ever did i do this for anything other than that its what a MASSIVE group of fans like us do.

A stressful time for everyone in a ticketless predicament and I fully see why they would join here to resolve something, I thought that is what the forum would have catered for, I would wholeheartedly attempt to help any fellow Owl.I have been one long enough to know who is one and karma prevails with us lot generally cos over the years we've all looked out for each other,

Defo be using this in future but as the above please use some due-diligence and be trustful, WAWAW at the end of the day,

I'm still looking for one ticket unless I get it the ballot this morning, got two of the three I needed from our season tickets but

coundn't get one for my wife as she works saturday's but goes to midweek matches bought through my account, problem is

I did not know about allocating the tickets to friends and family until it was too late. I think there are a few pay on the dayers

and thoose who get tickets through mates who go on a regular basis who have falllen foul of the new system even though it

is fairer for most people.

I have given my ticket to my wife and am hoping to get one either this morning in the ballot or via a tout outside the ground.

Guest mrbluesky

For what it's worth I can vouch for Dean Richardson as a proper fan on said thread, I know him personally and have witnessed his anguish at not getting tickets.

Yeah but you're a tax dodger, should we trust you?

Guest Phoenix

I've been a lurker for a few years but being based in London it's pretty difficult to get to games (££££). I had priority points by my poor dad didn't, so I opted to wait for GS in the hope of sitting with him (which was a mistake!). Now praying for luck in the ballot...