Ticket requests from genuine, long term Owlstalk users.

Just been reading the thread where the bloke offered three tickets due to a baby being born and it is scary how many people who were asking for tickets have no history on Owlstalk whatsoever and have only been members for the last week or so. This has lead to many concluding, fairly or not, that they are touts.

Now I'm not saying that they are touts; I think it is perfectly reasonable that some genuine fans may have joined the forum in their desperation for tickets. However it is at least a little suspicious when the vast majority of those asking for tickets have no history.

So this is what I am suggesting. People with genuine long term histories of using Owlstalk and who are looking for tickets can put their names in here and other long term posters can vouch for them. Then people looking to sell tickets can look in here for people who are more likely to be genuine.

As for people who have no history but are genuine, I realise that this is not fair on you. So how about this: you will probably have friends on here who have been posters for much longer. Maybe you can get them to post a testimonial for you or something. There must be lots on here whose word can be trusted.

Of course I realise how elitist this thread may appear and I understand if the mods decide it is unfair and chose to delete it. No hard feelings if so; I was just trying to find a solution to the problem we are having.

Anyway, I'll start the ball rolling: The only poster in that thread asking for tickets that I have ever heard of before was

CoopsSWFC

Edited by Leaping Lannys Perm

It amazes me that this method was so fair to loyal supporters yet I know of at least 4 people who are going to their first game of the season at Wembley.

Well it did make general sale so this is perfectly possible. This to me makes the likelihood of some of the people still looking for tickets being even more likely.

Yesterday I thought I might be going to end up with 2 spare.

In the event of new posters asking for them I was going to ask them for client ID and local postcode via PM, login to the online shop and check they could be added to friends and family to confirm credibility (before removing and destroying their personal information).

It turns out I don't have spares though so I won't be doing that... But feel free to steal my method.

Guest Dean Richardson

For what it's worth I can vouch for Dean Richardson as a proper fan on said thread, I know him personally and have witnessed his anguish at not getting tickets.

hi there friend do i know you i cant see your pic

Im not sure what the fuss is.

Ive been a member every year

I got a ticket.

Assume those who fell into the applicable phases all got tickets.

Those who didnt get tickets.. tough luck, its on telly like where you watch every other week.

Im not sure what the fuss is.

Ive been a member every year

I got a ticket.

Assume those who fell into the applicable phases all got tickets.

Those who didnt get tickets.. tough luck, its on telly like where you watch every other week.[/quote

post-19154-0-66299100-1464244966_thumb.j

Made a bit of a school boy error for this, as my dad and sister bf went the first play off leg, and have been to a few games this season, had i known and made them accounts and uploaded their points they would of got a ticket no problem. Unfortunately my dad got kicked out of the booking system at 9:05 when they went on general sale and by the time he got back in they had sold out. 

Made a bit of a school boy error for this, as my dad and sister bf went the first play off leg, and have been to a few games this season, had i known and made them accounts and uploaded their points they would of got a ticket no problem. Unfortunately my dad got kicked out of the booking system at 9:05 when they went on general sale and by the time he got back in they had sold out. 

Golden rule.  Dont ask your dad to use the internets.

Do you not know about Owlstalk grammar police?

Incorrect use of 'of' instead of 'have' will result in being sent to the back of the queue.

Just been reading the thread where the bloke offered three tickets due to a baby being born and it is scary how many people who were asking for tickets have no history on Owlstalk whatsoever and have only been members for the last week or so. This has lead to many concluding, fairly or not, that they are touts.

Now I'm not saying that they are touts; I think it is perfectly reasonable that some genuine fans may have joined the forum in their desperation for tickets. However it is at least a little suspicious when the vast majority of those asking for tickets have no history.

So this is what I am suggesting. People with genuine long term histories of using Owlstalk and who are looking for tickets can put their names in here and other long term posters can vouch for them. Then people looking to sell tickets can look in here for people who are more likely to be genuine.

As for people who have no history but are genuine, I realise that this is not fair on you. So how about this: you will probably have friends on here who have been posters for much longer. Maybe you can get them to post a testimonial for you or something. There must be lots on here whose word can be trusted.

Of course I realise how elitist this thread may appear and I understand if the mods decide it is unfair and chose to delete it. No hard feelings if so; I was just trying to find a solution to the problem we are having.

Anyway, I'll start the ball rolling: The only poster in that thread asking for tickets that I have ever heard of before was

CoopsSWFC

CoopsSWFC

who are we to vet people

Guest lynblu

I have only just joined the forum and yeah out of desperation to get tkts for my daughter and granddaughter, (still trying and until she's sorted my hearts gonna be in my mouth, I'm a Mother, that's my job) but my son  has been a member for Gawd knows how long.  I dont even know if he realises his Mother is posting on here, he'll probably be mortified but hey desperate measures WAWAW 

I have only just joined the forum and yeah out of desperation to get tkts for my daughter and granddaughter, (still trying and until she's sorted my hearts gonna be in my mouth, I'm a Mother, that's my job) but my son has been a member for Gawd knows how long. I dont even know if he realises his Mother is posting on here, he'll probably be mortified but hey desperate measures WAWAW

Mum?

I have only just joined the forum and yeah out of desperation to get tkts for my daughter and granddaughter, (still trying and until she's sorted my hearts gonna be in my mouth, I'm a Mother, that's my job) but my son  has been a member for Gawd knows how long.  I dont even know if he realises his Mother is posting on here, he'll probably be mortified but hey desperate measures WAWAW 

Where were you in August,September,October,November etc etc?