Stopping in Watford Friday

Junction is better for pubs etc - but you have to pay to park and street parking is nigh on impossible without a permit

I tend to use the junction to Wembley Central for Wembley - get to wander past a lot of the pubs from station to stadium that way too

Junction is better for pubs etc - but you have to pay to park and street parking is nigh on impossible without a permit

I tend to use the junction to Wembley Central for Wembley - get to wander past a lot of the pubs from station to stadium that way too

Think I'll book in the station car park. Only £5.20 for the day and nearly 700 spaces. We will probably land around 11am, so is be surprised if it's full.

Guest Dr Watson

Holiday Inn Express Watford Junction booked for Saturday night. Getting there early then parking in hotel car park before heading to Wembley. Can't wait!

The Flag next to Watford junction station is a pub that is supposed to be the easiest to find and a big boozer..Plenty of tellys for footy and handy for a swift jar on Saturday before starting the journey back to the big time.

Good place for Owls to meet?.

The Flag is ok - carslberg at £2.70 a pint and a decent choice of real ale

It's big but the service can be a right pain as they aren't the sharpest!

I prefer The White Lion - less than 5 minutes away - good old fashioned pub that doesn't really do food and doesn't mind a few after hours beers if there are people still wanting serving

The town centre is literally awash with bars/pubs and clubs - Wetherspoon best bet if wearing colours - hardly any others will let you in with colours - Walkabout if you get there early and O'Neill's may let you in wth colours on

Another thing is that nearly all town centre pubs require photo ID before letting you in so be warned

Guest mkowl

Yeah it will be fine - especially on a weekend

Yep the station car parks on all that line are much quieter at the weekend and never had any issue parking.

Guest mkowl

Be grateful I paid I think £7.90 at Leighton Buzzard station today. The car parks at the stations on this line are built to accommodate enough space for commuters Mon - Fri so I would be highly surprised if it was 50% full

Rang the Flag to check their policy on away fans,they don't have any problems with away colours as they have them all the time for Watford games.Even if we came in disguise they reckon they would recognise us due to our flat caps and hob nail boots :biggrin:.

The pubs away frm the town centre are fine - The Flag is often full of fans due to its proximity next to the station

It shows the football and there is a giant screen in a seperate room with the sound up - the ones in the bar don't have sound but will show the match

But the pubs right in the centre require photo ID to be scanned after a certain time in the evening - and generally won't allow colours

As said - Walkabout should be okay as long as you get there during the day

The Flag isn't a bad pub - they're friendly enough to non-Watford football fans.

I used to like the Southern Cross (again, about a 5 minute walk away from Watford Junction). They do reasonable food too...

You'll get in on a weekend - its a big car park!

Pleased to hear that, was suspecting that it might fill up with Watford being a popular spot for swfc drivers. Was going to to do Luton into St Panc then tube to Wembley Park, might drive the extra 30 mins and do Watford now

Be grateful I paid I think £7.90 at Leighton Buzzard station today. The car parks at the stations on this line are built to accommodate enough space for commuters Mon - Fri so I would be highly surprised if it was 50% full

You going from Leighton buzzard on sat? I am as I live there. On my own due to ticketing policy. Not complaining tho.