Wembley Allocations - FA or Football League to blame?

Ah, so it's all Hull's fault then, in essence?

I would have thought the FL (or FA if I've got that bit wrong) could allocate 30,000 or 35,000 to each club as a standard policy and then allocate the rest based on sales, but maybe I'm being naive given the timescales involved.

NO no no no no. NO!

This would never work.

Think about it - the seats that could switch to either team would have to be BETWEEN the sets of fans.

the seats between the sets of fans are either on or damn near the halfway line.

these are the juicy seats. The expensive seats. The seats that everyone wants.

This means that the best seats in the house would be sold last to the 'anyone got a spare ID' brigade. 

Not fair, wouldn't work!

NO!

Edited by nuhiuprime

NO no no no no. NO!

This would never work.

Think about it - the seats that could switch to either team would have to be BETWEEN the sets of fans.

This means that the best seats in the house would be sold last to the 'anyone got a spare ID' brigade. 

Not fair, wouldn't work!

NO!

Fair enough.

This will be my first trip to the new Wembley so I don't really know what the set up is. I was imagining if each group of supporters were given blocks from the halfway line to behind the goal, then blocks could be left in abeyance in 2 of the 'corners' where the opposing sets of seating would naturally come together.

This would work as far as I can tell on a purely seating arrangement level, but maybe doesn't work from a ground entry/exit perspective, and might not be ideal for atmosphere either as the 2 teams then wouldn't have their own 'end' as such.

Edited by EasyPeez

NO no no no no. NO!

This would never work.

Not fair, wouldn't work!

NO!

So if these are the best seats, why was all the original blocks selling out behind the goal?

They shouldve just allocated the bottom two tiers (25000) to begin with then allocate on the top dependant on how they originally sold

Writing as someone who doesnt deserve w ticket and hasn't got one, this all reads a little like the sort of sour grapes that we've all got jolly annoyed with Brighton and their chums in the media banging on about.

Guest mkowl

Which ever way you cut it it's going to cost the F A a fair bit in lost revenue.

Will cost the FA err FA

Neither the FA/Football League are to blame. I don't think it could've been handled better.

Both Wednesday and Hull were always going to take the maximum allocation.

-

Look at Plymouth; average attendance for them is 8,798 and are taking 4 times as much to Wembley.

Guest Humberowl

I think its a two way split for the play offs

We have just had a huge number of day trippers come out of the woodwork wanting tickets.

Hull have just put tickets up for sale to fans without a ticket id today so chances are they will sell 30,000+

Hull had the highest ticket prices in the championship .

We've sold 16000 more than our average gate. How many extra did you want?

I think the same looking at all the empty seats at Hillsborough every week

You spend all season slating fans with an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude and then come out with this!

You ask what could have been done? Well given that we average plenty more than Hull home and away and Hull have previous for not selling their allocation then just maybe they could have held back a couple of blocks on their side of the halfway line and monitored sales.

Guest mkowl

Last year between Norwich and Boro attendance was 85656 and I've read both teams were allocated a similar number to the Owls/ Hull so why was there around 6000 more actually sold then originally allocated

Corporate, Wembley tickets, FL, the clubs and players

How many have Hull actually sold? Do we know for sure there are going to be 10,000 empty seats or are people just guessing?

They had sold less than 30K yesterday having been on general sale for a good while but plenty may now have been sold now that anyone able to get to their ticket office and quote a postcode anywhere north east of S6 1SW can bag half a dozen.