Seetickets site under attack

Good luck to those trying to get tickets today, I don't envy you.

Someone told me the website encouraged you to hit refresh a bunch of times - is that true?

Madness if so...

it refreshes itself every 20 seconds once you're 'in' but you can then refresh every 5... 1 second if you wanted once your on the validated page.

To people that have go them this morning - did you just leave the black screen 'service busy' screen on and eventually it went through to the website or what?

I got on quite early and entered my parents details, but then it took me to the 'waiting' screen.. and couldn't get any further from their. I just let it reload automatically.. but nothing ever happened.

At the same time, my parents were trying themselves by manually refreshing it every few seconds with several windows open, and got in several times to enter their details... but it kept crashing. Eventually they got through to the final booking stage. Took ages.. but they got their in the end.

I'm just thankful I had membership and got mine on Saturday. That fiasco today was very stressful  

Well, I got in after 50 mins.  The available tickets selection was bare to say the least.  Family section and Cat 5.  Then as I tried to get the Cat 5 tickets it froze but then Cat4 became available.  Went for those then as I hit "BUY" the internet gods played a little prank on me and my whole internet connection went down for 5 mins!  Thankfully when it came back up it retained my position on the ticket page.  Ended up with Cat 4 Block 547. 

And relax.......(until Saturday that is).

Well that was an ordeal. I already had my ticket, but my 8 year old wanted to come, so I had to wait until today to buy 2 more as he had no points. I now have more tickets than I need. Surely going to be a few in the same situation

This isn't a good thing, blitzing the site means a lot of people are going to be disappointed

no it's not good, but the system for ticket allocation was the most sensible way of doing it, ensuring the right people got tickets. In most cases, if you're going for general sale it means you haven't been to a game. If that was me I'd accept that I didn't deserve it as much as others.

Harsh but true,

Well that was an ordeal. I already had my ticket, but my 8 year old wanted to come, so I had to wait until today to buy 2 more as he had no points. I now have more tickets than I need. Surely going to be a few in the same situation

Would you consider selling? I'm still on the service busy page?

Might be worth setting up a ticket sales thread as I've seen at least 4 posters asking for spare tickets already!