Work shenanigans

I control the tannoy at work which nearly 100 people listen to the radio on, usually it sends out the chosen radio station of choice, I forget which one it is .....well to me it's a bland bog standard radio station..

However on Friday I intend to inject some Wednesday Music into the equation.

I ask for people to offer me some choices.....I think I will get away with at best 3 songs before I get told to "turn it off"

So, I ask my fellow owlstalkers for the best inspiration you have......I can record youtube vids to audio only, or anything else you might have.   I want to get my fellow workers (Owls and Blades alike) up for the occasion the next day.

Over to you ! (this will happen, I may well get a disciplinary!) 

Edited by salmonbones

Or maybe not thinking about it. lol

It's just the guy who puts the music on at our place looks like a fish and I put two and two together with your username.

3 songs you say, serious input (on Owlstalk??)

Kick of with:

1. In The Dark We Live (Dave Clark 312Remix) - Aphrohead

Then bring in:

2. Bang (original mix) - Hobo

Then go mental with:

3.Astral Dreams (Speaker Mix - Laurent Garnier

But it may not be received well at your workplace... they mix easily IMHO

lol

This

You all know the words.

(this one he is wearing his "OWL Firework suit").

If not...

Oh i wish i was with Wednesday, ole ole, in Wednesday land i'l make my stand, to live and die for Wednesday.

For Wednesday land where i was born, early lord one grateful morn, luck away, luck away, luck away,  Wednesday lads.

Wait for the musical crescendo, and........

Glory Glory, Sheffield Wednesday, Glory Glory, Sheffield Wednesday, Glory glory Sheffield Wednesday, the Owls go marching oo oo on.

So laugh little baby, don't you cry, you know United's bound to die, all their sorrows will soon be over.

GLORY GLORY, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, THE OWLS GO MARCHING OO OO ON, THE OWLS GO, THE OWLS GO MARCHING OO OO ON.........

Here is a little story, and all true.   

I used a program called Audacity to mix many tracks together, and also some chants such as "carlos had a dream" and "Mind the gap" along with great tunes such as Hi Ho Silver lining, Terry Curran singing the blues, exerpts from "It's a praise for Wednesday" and "if it's Wednesday it must be Wembley" from 93 and quite a few others I found on youtube  The Thompson twins also featured, in all - although everything was cut down and faded into each other a good 10 minutes blasted out uninterrupted on our tannoy at work at 2:30 today.   

Along the way I taught myself how to use Avaya voicemail pro to do something it is not designed to do and it was an awesome feat of making software do something it should not be able to do.   More than that though......I had die hard blades come up to me and begrudgingly wished me all the best and had a laugh with me about how I was getting a written warning and how I was a bad bad man! although to be fair no gaffer said boo to me.   We even had some customers in who commented on the "personal" touch for putting something like that on the speakers.

Everyone knew it was me, and everyone took it in really good spirits, owls and blades alike.

"I'm not getting sacked in the morning, not getting sacked in the mooooooorning!"