IMPORTANT - TICKETS BOUGHT NOW COLLECT FROM WEMBLEY ONLY?

Typical backward attitude. Im sorry Millhouse but in previous years it involved days off work 12 hour queues and people could buy as many tickets as they wanted.

This way us people who live miles away can buy at the same time and with less hassle.

Its a fair system, those people who paid on the gate or got their mam to get them tickets in the past will change next season if they want their TPP.

This system is perfect.

It will be even better the next time as people will understand the TPP system and won't be scraping around for an account with points on.

He wasn't talking about the Ticket Priority Points system, he was talking about using See Tickets to process payments and handle the delivery of tickets.

His point was that See Tickets have just profited £3 (or whatever the booking fee was) from 38,000 Wednesday fans, that's an extra £114k which could have been going into the club rather than some random third-party. We could have invested half of that figure into building a workable website and handled the whole process ourselves. Now we know how easily it can be done we should be able to follow See Tickets' lead and hopefully replicate what they did in-house the next time we're in this situation.

The only people struggling with buying tickets are morons

It's the easiest ticket system to use

To be fair I have been very impressed with how this has worked but did you go the Dave Allen school of tact & diplomacy?

He wasn't talking about the Ticket Priority Points system, he was talking about using See Tickets to process payments and handle the delivery of tickets.

His point was that See Tickets have just profited £3 (or whatever the booking fee was) from 38,000 Wednesday fans, that's an extra £114k which could have been going into the club rather than some random third-party. We could have invested half of that figure into building a workable website and handled the whole process ourselves. Now we know how easily it can be done we should be able to follow See Tickets' lead and hopefully replicate what they did in-house the next time we're in this situation.

In such a short space of time and with the number of staff seetickets have on hand to deal effectively with queries and complaints? The transaction fees for tickets are ridiculous but don't assumme this can be done easily. 

Imagine 4/5 people dealing with all the enquiries, phone calls, emails etc. that SeeTickets have had to deal with over the past few days. It would be impossible! Best to outsource every so often for games this big.

Do you think we would have been able to implement a system as good as the SEE tickets system in the timeframe we had?

"Right lads, we're in the play off final. Let buy a few more servers."

Do you think we would have been able to implement a system as good as the SEE tickets system in the timeframe we had?

"Right lads, we're in the play off final. Let buy a few more servers."

"Right Maureen - if you could just knock up a call centre by close of play today we'll be able to sort this out no bother"

I said we could replicate their system in-house ready for next time, invest in the infrastructure knowing we can reclaim the cost with booking fees over time..

Obviously we couldn't knock up a new website and ordering system capable of handling the surge of orders for Wembley in just a few days  lol

I take the point about the extra customer support staff we'd need, but I thought we already out-sourced that anyway. I've rarely booked by telephone before but I'm sure I've been put through to some other organisation unrelated to SWFC even for normal matches.

just got off the phone to seetickets all tickets will be sent via post and there will be no etickets or downloadable versions made available! he said to contact Thursday if no tickets are in hand, if this has being answered then apologies 

I said we could replicate their system in-house ready for next time, invest in the infrastructure knowing we can reclaim the cost with booking fees over time..

Obviously we couldn't knock up a new website and ordering system capable of handling the surge of orders for Wembley in just a few days  lol

I take the point about the extra customer support staff we'd need, but I thought we already out-sourced that anyway. I've rarely booked by telephone before but I'm sure I've been put through to some other organisation unrelated to SWFC even for normal matches.

You just need a cloud based solution that is scalable on demand so when you have a big match you get a number of extra servers spun up and away you go. Get some temps in to man the phones.

You just need a cloud based solution that is scalable on demand so when you have a big match you get a number of extra servers spun up and away you go. Get some temps in to man the phones.

yeah that easy to bring in temps who then have to be trained on in house systems and current people need to stop to train and shadow them whilst we have to sell 40,000 tickets in space of a week.

or pay the folks who sell Glastonbury tickets to get it done properly.

Dave Allen blue sky thinking.  Do it on t'cheap we'll be reyt. 

Tbf, seetickets and Wembley have proper done the fans over. They're making an absolute killing on transaction fees. I ordered mine in priority group 1 at 9am, yet despite picking priority guaranteed delivery option my tickets have only been posted out today!fans on standard delivery have received them well before me.

Ordered mine on first day of sale only just been despatched. Why does it take nearly a week?

I guess they had to print the tickets and there are quite few others to send too and it's 5 days and why does it matter?

I guess they had to print the tickets and there are quite few others to send too and it's 5 days and why does it matter?

I've seen some pics of tickets and they say Hull or Derby V SWFC or Brighton.  They have had them printed a while and all they had to do was allocate and shove in an envelope.  They've had days of priority levels splitting the sales down to smaller numbers.  If they can't handle a large event at short notice how can they charge a huge handling fee like that!

Tickets should have gone out 1 day after ordering, not 5.

Just not bothered...

And it matters because what if they don't arrive in time?  what if people aren't sat in waiting for the post man or you get the usual fool delivery driver who thinks "they're not normally in so I won't bother" and by that point it's too late.

Just not bothered...

Fair play - just assumed about the printing... but it's never going to be 'too late' is it, really? If they don't arrive then it's sorted at box office. I just don't get why people give themselves extra stress.

Fair play - just assumed about the printing... but it's never going to be 'too late' is it, really? If they don't arrive then it's sorted at box office. I just don't get why people give themselves extra stress.

Unlike extra stress of having to go to the box office at Wembley when you've paid for a service you didn't receive?  If there are a couple of thousand not received tickets it would be carnage!

Just not bothered...