Brisbane owls

Guest Sydneyow85

Guest daneo87

English Football is pretty popular with Aussies but it doesn't stretch much further than the premier league or the other top leagues in Europe.

I am watching in the Pig and Whistle Riverside tonight with a mate so hopefully there will be a few of us there.

Edited by daneo87

English Football is pretty popular with Aussies but it doesn't stretch much further than the premier league or the other top leagues in Europe.

I am watching in the Pig and Whistle Riverside tonight with a mate so hopefully there will be a few of us there.

Good news. I will be there. Hoping for a decent turn out.

Out of interest how popular is English football in Oz; is it only expats who follow the game?

Certainly don't envy you guys having to watch the final at silly o'clock, but it's got to be done. Have a good one.

I've always followed it but can't tell you why (am a black sheep). There is a decent following but it doesn't compete with AFL or NRL.

2am kick off, followed by the champions league final at 4something. Who needs sleep?

It's fecking cold in Melbourne though, so I'll be watching it from the comfort of my sofa, wrapped in beer and a blanket.

Fück Melbourne mate. I've just come from Southern Highlands with a strong easterly, that was fućking cold. Glad to be back in civilisation to warm up.