Nottingham - Wembley - Helicopter

Naturally like any good student I would get the parents to pay for it. I'd imagine they'd kick up quite a fuss but I'd only ask for the money after doing it, and then they really have no choice... they either give me the money or I starve, and for some reason they seem to care about my general health. I've got about a decade of only asking for two major presents for my Birthday or Christmas, they've already acknowledged they "owe me one" in regards that I never ask for or need owt. If anyone else in the Sheffield/Donny area doesn't mind sharing the cost of a helicopter, let me know... only bástard way I'm going to be able to go to Wembley and I don't think I can quite justify the cost of just going on my own :ph34r::biggrin:

If I turned up and "got the parents to pay for it" I'd be getting a lot of finger pointing and laughing in my direction followed by a polite flip off in the form of a bent nose from the door shutting on it.

If I had the coin is certainly be joining you though!

I might not be the smartest but can't you just get on the train?

If your helicopter is taking off at 3, I assume he's going to be done by 2.30 or 2.45 latest.

Jump in a cab to train station, get a train.

14.32 train gets into London at 16.14

15.05 train gets in at 16.55

25 minutes to Wembley.

Worst case you get the later train, rock up at Wembley at 5.20, miss 20 minutes of the match and save £1400.

Seems fairly straightforward to me but then you wouldn't get to come on here giving it the old "yeah, I'm going to have to get a helicopter cos I'm a TrueFan now I've made nearly 20 posts on the forum"

I would just have binned off the exam and taken it as a re-sit in the summer!

I did that once, but rather than getting to see SWFC play at Wembley it was to watch a Joanna Newsom concert at the Royal Albert Hall  :ph34r:

Tickets for that cost me more than this trip to Wembley has as well!

But on a more serious note... It's probably a bit too late to get something arranged now, but I used to fly out of Netherthorpe airfield when I was taking lessons and there were always people in the members club there who went out flying just for the fun of it every now and then, a day trip to the Isle of Man or whatever.

I'm sure if you contacted a small local airfield there would be someone there willing to give you a lift to London in their Cessna or whatever, for a modest fee obviously.

lol

Naturally like any good student I would get the parents to pay for it. I'd imagine they'd kick up quite a fuss but I'd only ask for the money after doing it, and then they really have no choice... they either give me the money or I starve, and for some reason they seem to care about my general health. I've got about a decade of only asking for two major presents for my Birthday or Christmas, they've already acknowledged they "owe me one" in regards that I never ask for or need owt. If anyone else in the Sheffield/Donny area doesn't mind sharing the cost of a helicopter, let me know... only bástard way I'm going to be able to go to Wembley and I don't think I can quite justify the cost of just going on my own :ph34r::biggrin:

As I keep telling you, write a bit more succinctly and you'll probably have time for the exam and a leisurely drive down to London.

But on a more serious note... It's probably a bit too late to get something arranged now, but I used to fly out of Netherthorpe airfield when I was taking lessons and there were always people in the members club there who went out flying just for the fun of it every now and then, a day trip to the Isle of Man or whatever.

I'm sure if you contacted a small local airfield there would be someone there willing to give you a lift to London in their Cessna or whatever, for a modest fee obviously.

Said exact same thing yesterday (fly out of Netherthorpe too). Only problem is landing fees around London, otherwise it's a very afforable way of getting 4 people around.

Said exact same thing yesterday (fly out of Netherthorpe too). Only problem is landing fees around London, otherwise it's a very afforable way of getting 4 people around.

Take 4 parachutes and then you don't have to worry about landing fees. Have a proper adrenalin day.

Sorry pal, I'm not a holier-than-thou type and don't begrudge anyone that has money to spend it how they want, but the irony of the bit I have highlighted against the rest of the post is too much to resist!!

You took the words right out of my mouth it must've been while you were....spot on pal

Help required guys

I have tickets sorted but my son has an exam Saturday lunchtime at Jubilee Campus at Nottingham Uni - he has tried to reason with them to let him take the exam the day before/in the morning but unfortunately he is getting the usual bull from the Uni lecturers that dont live in the real world that the exam would be 'compromised'

Anyhow rant over - to try and solve the issue I have an option on a private charter helicopter Nottingham Airport - Wembley (about a mile away) which will take 4 passengers leaving at about 3pm (landing before 4pm)

If anyone in or around Nottingham is having difficulty making kick-off and is interested in sharing the cost ( if all 4 seats are booked £700 each - if fewer proportionately more) PM me

Kids !!

Prawn Sandwich Brigade alert. lol

Fair play, but how is he supposed to concentrate knowing what follows his exam!

As I keep telling you, write a bit more succinctly and you'll probably have time for the exam and a leisurely drive down to London.

Exam is one and a half hours long. Only way I could finish it early enough to get to London on time is if I only sat it for 45 minutes. Even then, would be extremely tight and would probably rock up 15 minutes late (because trains). Same problem if not worse with driving. And I can't finish an exam in half the time. So not doable. 

Exam is one and a half hours long. Only way I could finish it early enough to get to London on time is if I only sat it for 45 minutes. Even then, would be extremely tight and would probably rock up 15 minutes late (because trains). Same problem if not worse with driving. And I can't finish an exam in half the time. So not doable.

What year are you?

I hope this is finals for you to be taking it so seriously!

What year are you?

I hope this is finals for you to be taking it so seriously!

'Only' second, but trust me, I can't afford to have this capped at 40%  :dry:

Only way out of it will be if a family member dies and I can show the death certificate, and I feel me going and killing ol' Auntie Gill would be a bit much.  

'Only' second, but trust me, I can't afford to have this capped at 40%  :dry:

Only way out of it will be if a family member dies and I can show the death certificate, and I feel me going and killing ol' Auntie Gill would be a bit much.  

Chuffing hell, if it's your second just have it capped at 40%

I thought you were in your final year! 

Chuffing hell, if it's your second just have it capped at 40%

I thought you were in your final year!

Won't get on Masters if I have it capped FO... Can't afford to miss the exam and can't really afford not to miss it. Reight devastated

Can barely get over the fact that it takes over two hours to get from central Sheffield to Wembley, it feels like it should be an easy task yet it seems minimum travel time is 3 hours wherever I look. It's not like I'm trying to get to a foreign country ffs lol

Edited by StudentOwl

Won't get on Masters if I have it capped FO... Can't afford to miss the exam and can't really afford not to miss it. Reight devastated

If i'd have deliberately missed an exam without an extremely good reason i'd have been chucked off the course

Never had exams set for saturdays though - that sucks

It's what it is and when i was younger i'd probably have thought about missing an exam (as consequential as that may be) for a huge football match

But in reality theres no way i'd advise chucking away 2 years of study and hard work - get yourself to a Wednesday pub and watch it with like minded souls - or take a risk and attempt to drive it - 2.5 hours if all goes well