Nottingham - Wembley - Helicopter

Guest Robster01

Tell him to turn up. Write WAWAW on his paper then walk out. He will have attempted it so gets to take a resit later on. Makes his point and you get to set off an hour earlier or more than planned.

Not allowed to leave exam within 40 mins normally

Tell him to turn up. Write WAWAW on his paper then walk out. He will have attempted it so gets to take a resit later on. Makes his point and you get to set off an hour earlier or more than planned.

Resit will be capped at 40%, or at least I believe that's the normal procedure at all Universities and not just Sheffield.

Only reason you can skip an exam is if a family member dies, but they'll want death certificates for that etc.   Very difficult to miss are Uni exams 

Resit will be capped at 40%, or at least I believe that's the normal procedure at all Universities and not just Sheffield.

Only reason you can skip an exam is if a family member dies, but they'll want death certificates for that etc. Very difficult to miss are Uni exams

With the exception of if he's doing Vet Med, medicine or dentistry. Pass mark 50% pass or fail. Still almost impossible to miss though. I wouldn't risk it. Edited by SBOwl

It's onot the telly you know mate.

Blatant boast thread.

Believe me, if I could drum up enough interest I'd be getting a helicopter from Doncaster or wherever the nearest airstrip is. Absolutely gutted that I'm missing it, just can't afford a helicopter on my todd lol

Does he have to even attend the exam to be allowed to resit? I know settling for 40% isn't ideal mind you.

I had a major meltdown with an assignment in this year, properly flounced and didn't hand anything in.

I get to resit the coursework in June and the mark is capped at 40%.

So you reckon your son should have special exam arrangements- booking a room, finding two invigilators etc  made for him just so he go and watch a football match, meaning he sees the exam paper a  day before all his course mates, completely compromising the integrity of the exam?

And this would be 'uni lectures not living in the real world' if they didn't do this?

Seriously?

Jesus.

No - I think setting an exam on a Saturday lunchtime of a Bank Holiday weekend - when I know how many contact hours they have during the year - is not living in the real world !

I have some sympathy with Leicesterowl's point of view. Exams on a Saturday afternoon?!

What's more, most Universities only do this on Saturdays because the invigilator's pay is so poor it is done by those who are picking up any extra Nash after working in the week. They simply will not pay enough to get staff on week days.

Back int day a mate of mine had a University final on Whit Bank Holiday Monday afternoon. He was a massive Sunderland fan. He couldn't get out of the exam and had no choice but to leg it from his exam to meet us in the pub. He saw the last 45 minutes of their 4 - 4 draw with Charlton before losing on penalties!