TalkSPORT Now - Play Offs Are Unfair

And he's watched how many Wednesday games this season?

I'm confident Westwood, Lees, BB, FF and Hutch would prove to be good quality Prem players.

Although it's always difficult to predict (look at Leicester), Lee, Matias, Hooper and Lopez for example could all thrive in the Prem in my opinion.

I think the likes of Lopez and Matias could very well be better suited to the Prem rather than the championship.

Yep, difficult to know for sure, when Leicester went up a lot of us were thinking "right, who's not good enough for the Prem that we might get on loan"

Schlupp, King, even Vardy would all have been mentioned, all still there and champions now

The shows are just low brow filler for the never ending loop of trade supply adverts.

Failed pundits with damaged livers through excess shi.tty lager consumption, convictions for DV or on record for expressing bigoted views

imho lol

The shows are just low brow filler for the never ending loop of trade supply adverts.

Failed pundits with damaged livers through excess shi.tty lager consumption, convictions for DV or on record for expressing bigoted views

imho lol

Yup pretty much covers it.

I tweeted Goughie pointing out the Barnsley Walsall scenario and he replied saying his views were the same regardless of team. CU1T.

Saying that he probably follows Spurs or MK more.

And they can't be bothered having another 3 hour debate on league 1. Edited by Maddogbob

For everyone that didn't listen but wants to whinge. His suggestion was as follows:

3rd place are rewarded for their efforts by going straight to the final.

4th place are rewarded by going straight to the semi final as a home tie.

5th play 6th in what would be a quarter final, 5th are rewarded as being the home team.

4th play at home against the winner of 5th vs 6th.

The winner of the semi plays 3rd at Wembley.

I like the play offs as they are but as alternatives go, it ain't a bad shout.

For everyone that didn't listen but wants to whinge. His suggestion was as follows:

3rd place are rewarded for their efforts by going straight to the final.

4th place are rewarded by going straight to the semi final as a home tie.

5th play 6th in what would be a quarter final, 5th are rewarded as being the home team.

4th play at home against the winner of 5th vs 6th.

The winner of the semi plays 3rd at Wembley.

I like the play offs as they are but as alternatives go, it ain't a bad shout.

It was not the alternative suggestion but more bleating on how unfair it all was and citing nasty Wednesday beating media darlings Brighton and Chrissie Hughton.

It was not the alternative suggestion but more bleating on how unfair it all was and citing nasty Wednesday beating media darlings Brighton and Chrissie Hughton.

To be fair, they were pretty neutral. Congratulated Wednesday and said the debate was nothing against them.

Now if you wanna talk about Cundy and Goldstein then I wouldn't be defending the station at all lol

Problem with that is like in the egg chasing nobody cares about the early stages as they already know one of the teams that is in the final (3rd place team). You will also only get whingers like Brighton moaning that they had 2 weeks of inactivity waiting and have lost their match sharpness. A better and simpler solution I think is simply the 3rd place team chooses the opponent and if they play home or away first. Then the next highest available team chooses to play Home or away first. Creates a bit more drama for the media as well.

I like you Turkey. Credit to the BHA fans. To be fair an ex colleague who supports Brighton was messaging me on Facebook within minutes congratulating us. Fair play.

Thanks, feel like I'm weeing in the wind on here though. No matter how many times I say no complaints there's post after post slagging us off. Stems from threads setting a narrative I guess. Frustrating though. Probably time for me leave though as I don't want to be a sad case getting too wound up, just disappointing that so many of you think we're so bitter. In the queue for the park & ride and then journey home overheard plenty of our fans saying they hope you go up. 

the play off system are there as a carrot for the underdog, otherwise you would more than likely see the same teams yo yo up and down from the prem to championship most seasons. 

teams who cant compete financially with parachute payments this gives them a shot at breaking the monoploy

sod what these gimps say on talkspew 

Thanks, feel like I'm weeing in the wind on here though. No matter how many times I say no complaints there's post after post slagging us off. Stems from threads setting a narrative I guess. Frustrating though. Probably time for me leave though as I don't want to be a sad case getting too wound up, just disappointing that so many of you think we're so bitter. In the queue for the park & ride and then journey home overheard plenty of our fans saying they hope you go up.

mate, we will argue for 90 pages about what colour our central stripe should be. If you're trying to "solve" owlstalk you'll be here forever. We are a northern version of hotel California.