TalkSPORT Now - Play Offs Are Unfair

If they are so unfair I think the League Chairmen would have got together a long time ago and created a different format.

Simple truth is it generates huge income for the clubs by keeping the season alive.

Better way to go would be to make it 4 up and 4 down in all the leagues with the final place still being determined by play-offs.

The format will only be changed when it adversely affects someone in a position of influence.

The away goal rule was scrapped for the play offs after Bolton went out on it a couple of times, and Phil Gartside who was very cosy with the FA successfully got the ruling changed.

They play offs are brilliant

Gives teams like Brighton who miss out on automatic a second chance, but also ensures that everybody down to 11th, 12th in the league usually has something to go at in the last 6 games, even if it's a slim chance it's still there and stops teams turning up in March with their flip flops on or bringing their u17s

Plus it's fantastic, pant shittingly nerve shredding entertainment

The play offs are brilliant

The final is two teams on relatively modest pay rolls (compared to the Super Clubs) competing for a bigger pay out than the Champions League Final (individual players earning more money than we have spent)

You couldnt make it up..........its fantastic

We had a bad start we bought FF and it turned round.........thats why we were 15 points behind Brighton who had an incredibly good start....they got worse we got better

I havent heard anything from Brighton except whinging..........not one "well done" and "good luck in the final"..........not one, only we were robbed...their goal was a foul (we would still have won 2-1)......we got injured (as if thats someone elses fault)

Durham is a wind up mercahant , simple as that . Although i must give him credit for how many Gooners he manages to hook every day .

Has Goughie forgot his own six fingered team are heading for wembley after finishing 6th and beating the team who finished 3rd ?

Gough is a Tottenham fan apparently.

Remember that play off system where third from bottom in the old first division played third from top in the old second division?

I think Chelsea played Middlesborough over two legs.

I may dreamt this.

It was 3rd from bottom (Chelsea) + 3,4,5 playing off as now. Chelsea went out in semi losing to Charlton

................I think

Edited by Manor Owl

Remember that play off system where third from bottom in the old first division played third from top in the old second division?

I think Chelsea played Middlesborough over two legs.

I may dreamt this.

Just the 1st year or 2 for all leagues...the only time United have ever managed to change leagues via the play offs was by being relegated to from old Div II to Div III.

Gough is a Tottenham fan apparently.

Yes sure this is right, a team who blew the chance to finish runners-up by losing to dog-poo poo Newcastle.

The rules have been there long enough....ahahahahahahahaha WTF:  lol  :tango:  :baby:

Guest mkowl

Goughie used to live nearby to me before his wife sacked him off and took the kids as well

Same village as Ian Duncan Smith - so I could have killed two gits with one Focus

Guest everydays_wednesday

Durham has just said Wednesday will need a complete new team if they get promoted