So, who CAN'T or ISN'T going to the final?

I have the chance to go but i'm in the same bracket as reading , many have more call than me to take a seat and would deserve it far more , plus the cost would cripple me for a good couple of months and i have to wiegh in the fact whether the mrs will be well enough to be left for min 24 hours ,tbh I am at my wits end in choosing what to do I want to go obviously(who wouldn't) as I missed Cardiff in our last final and that hurt but my sense of fairplay to more deserving fans is eating away at me ,If I thought someone would miss out because of me being selfish it wouldn't sit right at all

I'm in a similar position and have a great deal of sympathy with Reading's position, however I feel that if I wait until General Sale then it'll be fair enough. I'm not going to work the system or beg help from friends with points who I know can't go. If by Wednesday there are some left then I'll go for it, but I'm happy to let others go first.

I won't be going. I haven't been all season and I think it's wrong for fair weather fans to take the seat of someone more deserving.

I personally wouldn't embarrass myself. It'd be hypocritical.

Don't be daft

I won't be going. I haven't been all season and I think it's wrong for fair weather fans to take the seat of someone more deserving.

you picked a bad season to bale out mate .....

Guest Deleted member

Had a very frustrating morning trying to deal with the worst travel agency in the world (TravelUp) trying to change my tickets to New York on the morning of the final to the next day. In the end Ive ended up just cancellinmg and booking again.

So Wembleys already cost me over £750 - and not bought a bloody ticket yet :(

I have the chance to go but i'm in the same bracket as reading , many have more call than me to take a seat and would deserve it far more , plus the cost would cripple me for a good couple of months and i have to wiegh in the fact whether the mrs will be well enough to be left for min 24 hours ,tbh I am at my wits end in choosing what to do I want to go obviously(who wouldn't) as I missed Cardiff in our last final and that hurt but my sense of fairplay to more deserving fans is eating away at me ,If I thought  someone would miss out because of me being selfish it wouldn't sit right at all

only you know whats right or wrong about your duty to your wife trev .....but your wrong about feeling guilty and robbing someone

else . we all know you go when you can whether thats one game or twenty a season is immaterial......

Had a very frustrating morning trying to deal with the worst travel agency in the world (TravelUp) trying to change my tickets to New York on the morning of the final to the next day. In the end Ive ended up just cancellinmg and booking again.

My lovely "floaty" Citroen failed its MOT yesterday.

Some of the expensive "floaty" bits need replacing, if that makes you feel any better.

lol

Guest Deleted member

My lovely "floaty" Citroen failed its MOT yesterday.

Some of the expensive "floaty" bits need replacing, if that makes you feel any better.

lol

Thats what you get for buying a French car lol

Very principled stand

But f*** that - you've been to plenty over the years. If you're eligable for a ticket, get one.  That said, I think it's great for the generation that have never seen us have success / play at Wembley.

wanna stop in my hotel with me? :D

More respect from this direction.

I totally understand your position.

This season I have only gone with a loan of a season ticket. I didn't go to the home play off leg, my dad had got me a ticket with him being a season ticket holder, but he ended up taking someone else as I more or less chose to babysit my little lass and watch it on the box. 

I'm a bit different in that in that I shy away from the big SWFC occasions, rather than embrace them. I didn't go to Cardiff for the play off final, and I didn't go to any of the cup finals despite going to every tie home and away in both seasons. I can't really explain why, it just find the thought of the day a bit too overwhelming. 

The Cardiff play off final, and seeing every Tom, wee pipe and Harry that hadn't been to a match for years if at all ,going, was bizarre. 40'000 ' fans' going to watch us when our average attendance was barely half that. It didn't sit right with me. I just pretended I was going but in reality couldn't face the prospect.

I'm sure this play off final will be a brilliant occasion, but If I'm honest I'm not sure how desperately I will try and attend. 

Don't go to the footy these days due to bad back/other physical problems but will be watching with pride and full of nervous engery.

The day of the final(28th May) will be the three year anniversary of having spinal surgery due to an injury that now stops me going.

I'll be in the Spanish Pyrenees. It's a set guided holiday that we wanted to go on so there was never any chance of choosing different dates. I probably won't be anywhere that has mobile signal at the time, so I probably won't even know what's happening until we return to the hotel in the evening.

Might be a blessing in disguise because I don't really fancy having multiple heart attacks when I'm up a mountain...

Seams a lot of folk didnt expect swfc to be in this position, booking holidays etc. 

Looks like i may get a chance at a ticket now, how do you tell your swfc mate your not going to his wedding because your going to wembley,

i already feel awful at the prospect at telling him, and dont have a ticket yet    :wacko:

Guest HighGreen_Owl

In a similar boat to others here. I have a ST and will be going to wembley. But require another client ID with 480+ points so i can get a ticket for person i am going with. Would be extremely grateful if anyone has or knows of a client ID which isn't going to be used for the game. 

Please get in touch via PM if you know of one. 

Hopefully someone can help. 

#WAWAW