Play like it's 0-0

Lots of people have been referring to the idea on here, and even Carlos himself said it after the match on Friday.

What does "play like it's 0-0" mean to you, in real terms of how we should approach this game?

To me it makes very little sense, since if we were 1-0 down heading into the final 10 minutes of the game we're hardly going to go gung-ho to push for an equaliser and leave ourselves exposed at the back are we...

I appreciate that we will attempt to win the game on the night and not just sit back from the first whistle, but the whole 0-0 thing sounds like an over-simplification to me, only serving to confuse our approach to the game in the players' minds.

That said, I have full confidence that Carlos will have made sure the players fully understand how he wants them to play tonight.

Lots of people have been referring to the idea on here, and even Carlos himself said it after the match on Friday.

What does "play like it's 0-0" mean to you, in real terms of how we should approach this game?

To me it makes very little sense, since if we were 1-0 down heading into the final 10 minutes of the game we're hardly going to go gung-ho to push for an equaliser and leave ourselves exposed at the back are we...

I appreciate that we will attempt to win the game on the night and not just sit back from the first whistle, but the whole 0-0 thing sounds like an over-simplification to me, only serving to confuse our approach to the game in the players' minds.

That said, I have full confidence that Carlos will have made sure the players fully understand how he wants them to play tonight.

Wednesday have conceded the first goal on many occasions this season.  In fact we have gained more points than any other Championship team from losing positions.

Therefore, I think it is absolutely vital that we treat the match like it is 0-0.

I would hate to see us go 1-0 down and then continue to play on the back foot protecting a 2-1 lead.  We all know what will happen.

This season when Wednesday have gone behind we have made positive changes at half time or in the second half to equalise and we need to maintain that mentality.

Obviously when it gets to the last 10 minutes a bit of common sense will prevail but this will be a very very long evening if we play with the mentality of protecting a 2-0 lead.  If I was manager I would be telling my players that if we score 2 goals we will be going to Wembley so go out and get them.

No doubt Wassall will be telling the bottlers 'to take some pride and go and win the 2nd half' tomorrow....

Standard Sunday football speak when your losing 16-0 at HT because half your team hasn't turned up...

Edited by Flat Owl

No doubt Wassall will be telling the bottlers 'to take some pride and go and win the 2nd half' tomorrow....

Standard Sunday football speak when your losing 16-0 at HT because half your team hasn't turned up...

At least you'd be described as 'sporting' in next week's Green 'Un.

I think it literally just translates as don't get complacent