My missus is a Canadian and, even after 5 years together, she still doesn't get my 'obsession' with Wednesday. On Friday night, she came home from work, wondering what the hell I was listening to/watching/reading and why I was so nervous/agitated/delirious/nervous. When I explained to her the importance of the occasion (to me) and mentioned that we might get to play in a final game for promotion, she said that IF we make to Wembley then I should fly back for the game. I told her that money is tight right now and it would cost us a fortune but she still insisted that I do it. I'm seriously thinking about it but the chances of me getting a ticket a slim to none.

My missus is a Canadian and, even after 5 years together, she still doesn't get my 'obsession' with Wednesday. On Friday night, she came home from work, wondering what the hell I was listening to/watching/reading and why I was so nervous/agitated/delirious/nervous. When I explained to her the importance of the occasion (to me) and mentioned that we might get to play in a final game for promotion, she said that IF we make to Wembley then I should fly back for the game. I told her that money is tight right now and it would cost us a fortune but she still insisted that I do it. I'm seriously thinking about it but the chances of me getting a ticket a slim to none.

While the cats away

Guest Ferkorf

I took my Mrs to the Brighton game. Her family were all livid as they are loyal Barnsley fans.

We got into the game early so she could sample a pie and a pint.

She seemed to be ok with it, she gave me funny looks when I shouted anything or pointed at the away fans.

It was an ideal game to take her to so she could sample a bit of the reason why every saturday afternoon I never listen to a word she says.

I wouldnt take her to wembley though because if I can get 2 tickets my best friend returns from Afghanistan Thursday and he held a season ticket with me for many years so he deserves it more. Plus hes a better driver than our lass and wembleys a long way

Guest mkowl

My Mrs works for me and I was that annoying earlier she told me to fornicate off to Brighton about 2 hours earlier than I was going to

My lovely Missus has ordered Sky Sports for me (for a month at £12) just so I can watch tonight... and she came with me on Friday night... Even tho she's clearly looking at her phone when we got our 'big close up' 😡

I said to my Mrs the other day "Have I told you recently how much I love you?"

She said "No, not recently".

I said "No, and I'm not surprised".

She asked me to show her a good time. I parked the car outside of Wetherspoons and suggested she peered through the window.

She did but the useless cow couldn't remember what it said for a pint of John Smiths, for when I next go in with the lads. At least she'll know where to drop me off though.

My lovely Missus has ordered Sky Sports for me (for a month at £12) just so I can watch tonight... and she came with me on Friday night... Even tho she's clearly looking at her phone when we got our 'big close up' 😡

Thanks for everything Mr Chansiri!

When they say "its only a game"  ffs you have to hold yoursrelf back.

Hahahaha my lass said this to me during the rotherham game after we conceded. I wanted to stick nut on her. Just said whatever and gave her a disgusted look. She got the message......I think. 

My Mrs says to me last night "I hope Wednesday don't get thru to Wembley as its going to cost us a fortune with you our two boys and possibly myself"

She knows Ive supported Wednesday for 48 years and she can lobbocks.  She doesn't mind spending 60-80 quid on her hair then theres her nails.

Grounds for divorce me thinks !

If we do get thru , Im gonna leave her at home.

she probably wasnt saying that about your wedding. the most important day of your life is priceless and Wembley appearances aren't exactly thick on the ground.

you're gonna have to break her the news that she wasn't invited anyway lol

My Mrs says to me last night "I hope Wednesday don't get thru to Wembley as its going to cost us a fortune with you our two boys and possibly myself"

She knows Ive supported Wednesday for 48 years and she can lobbocks.  She doesn't mind spending 60-80 quid on her hair then theres her nails.

Grounds for divorce me thinks !

If we do get thru , Im gonna leave her at home.

In a womans world thats an essential , where as if we spend the same on the footie we are wasting money that could be spent on something more important.  :picnic:

our gerts bithday today, so we had her party on Saturday, I did a massive BBQ everyone had a great time,

tonight she will be sat  with me shouting and screaming at the TV.

not sure what the new neighbours thought on Friday but he did mention that they knew the score without watching the match lol

Edited by andrewowl

Mine told me on one of my first dates she hated football. I naturally assumed she was a Pig but, no, she just hates it.

Our three year old daughter is word perfect on Carlos had a dream, gets up on Sunday mornings to watch the goals with me, and sat and watched Derby away, going suitably mental whe Bannan scored.

None of this has made me popular.

Edited by Tom Moore