Brighton vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday (Ross Wallace 28)

Possession: 67-33

Shots on target: 10-3

Shots off target: 17-5

Corners: 11-1

Fouls: 17-19

Yellow cards: 3-5

Red cards: 0-0

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace (Helan 66), Lee, Lopez (Hutchinson 45), Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper (Nuhiu 71)

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Joao, Matias, Sasso.

Well done Wednesday.

Well done Brighton & Hove Albion.

WEMBLEY, WEMBLEY, WE'RE THE FAMOUS SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY!!!! 

Second half we were very good. The best teams scrape results. We did that.

The determination in defence was incredible. Every player played their part from Westwood to Nuhiu.

So proud to be a Wednesdayite.

Almost crying.

Had tears in my eyes at that Carvalhal interview

Especially when he started talking about his dream.

That first 20 minutes from Brighton was the best I've seen from any Championship team, immense. But the longer it went on, the more exhausted they were getting, and we kept defending admirably. Showed more metal than I thought we were capable of today, defended like absolute beasts.

Punched themselves out

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Just a comment for Westwood.  He was absolutely IMMENSE tonight.  The best goalkeeper in the Championship by a country mile and even my Mum's partner who is a pig fan has just called me from England to say exactly that.  Martin O'Neill must have his eyes painted on!!

Kinell...... rode our luck in the first half but defended like monsters and repelled almost everything they threw at us and that was more than I have seen a Championship team throw in a long while.

Give to give credit to Brighton, they gave everything. I think towards the end of the first half/start of the second, they were getting a little too desperate, and wasting chances. But that first 20 minutes was the scariest 20 minutes I have ever seen

WERE GOING TO WEMBLEYYYY

First half it was Brighton v Westwood. Second half the whole defence organised themselves and Brighton ran out of ideas. I can't remember being so exhausted at the end of a match before, but so proud of the way the team fought.

I'm probably going to be up a mountain somewhere in Spain during the final, but I think that might be a good thing: I don't think my heart would be able to take seeing it live...

this "foul" for their goal. Hooper gets shoved in the back from the other defender too. and anyway, we've suffered badly from officials this season they owe us big time.

I said that too. The commentators haven't mentioned it once but it looks like Greer shoves Hooper, who then shoves Dunk (harder).

Easy to magnanimous in victory but got to say Brighton were outstanding first half.

Some great defending from us mind.

Real bodies on the line stuff. Credit to Brighton for throwing everything at us but we were able to hold it together and maintain the 2 goal advantage (somehow). Brighton obviously getting tired towards the end.

One very happy owls fan here in Australia. Well worth getting up at 5am to watch the boys get the job done. Total team performance. Wembley bound no doubt to to face Hull. I think we can do it but it won't be easy and i will age 5 years watching it. Go you might Owls.