Brighton vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread

Well here it is. Biggest game of the season. Biggest game for years. I wasn't nervous on Friday, just excited and giddy. Today I've woken up a bag of nerves and am not giddy. I think some serious mental gymnastics are gonna be required by me to overcome the panic and enjoy it. A day at work that should be ok, got some decent stuff to do to keep my mind off it. Then home to relax a bit. Quick kick about 6-7 then back home to watch it with the little un. I know nobody cares about my day but it's helping the nerves sharing.

Come on. This is our time.

Well here it is. Biggest game of the season. Biggest game for years. I wasn't nervous on Friday, just excited and giddy. Today I've woken up a bag of nerves and am not giddy. I think some serious mental gymnastics are gonna be required by me to overcome the panic and enjoy it. A day at work that should be ok, got some decent stuff to do to keep my mind off it. Then home to relax a bit. Quick kick about 6-7 then back home to watch it with the little un. I know nobody cares about my day but it's helping the nerves sharing.

Come on. This is our time.

I am happy you shared this.

Like AA meetings, it helps to share life's daily challenges with other alcoholics or Wednesday fans, or both.

Guest seagull_overhead

Morning Owls!

One goal and you are through. That's basically it in a nutshell.

As a Brighton supporter, I still believe we can do it, it would be silly not to think otherwise! If you had got a 3rd at Hillsborough then you would already be at Wembley in my opinion.

Safe trip to those coming down, its a lovely sunny morning here on the South Coast.

I hope everything goes wrong in the match for you that possibly could, but if we don't turn the match around then I for one will be a 'virtual' supporter of yours when you face Hull.

Guest seagull_overhead

...good post Gullman ...Question: Who are the likely replacements for your injuries? Useful? Make do? Or keeno's looking to run their nuts of and make a mark for next season?

Well,

Lewis Dunk will resume back from suspension, so our defence in theory will be at it's strongest.

Possibility that Andrew Crofts, back from his loan spell, will fit into midfield.

Either Kazenga Lua Lua, or Jamie Murphy will take Knockearts place. Probably Murphy.

Up front, there are rumours that Tomer Hemed might be ok, but if not then James Wilson.

So, nobody playing for next season but a reasonably strong team if they turn up! 

My heart say yes, but in my head I'm predicting 2-1 to us, which of course will get you over the line.

Edited by seagull_overhead

Well,

Lewis Dunk will resume back from suspension, so our defence in theory will be at it's strongest.

Possibility that Andrew Crofts, back from his loan spell, will fit into midfield.

Either Kazenga Lua Lua, or Jamie Murphy will take Knockearts place. Probably Murphy.

Up front, there are rumours that Tomer Hemed might be ok, but if not then James Wilson.

So, nobody playing for next season but a reasonably strong team if they turn up! 

My heart say yes, but in my head I'm predicting 2-1 to us, which of course will get you over the line.

..cheers for that...was hoping for knackered journeymen lol ... but yep, stronger defence and all look capable of putting a shift in. A tougher game for us I suspect. 

Looking at the head to head results, Brighton have failed to score against us in the last six matches dating back to 2013 when we drew 1-1.

Didn't realise how good our results were against Brighton tbh.

Let's hope it continues for one more match!

I was just going to copy and paste what I put in Friday night's matchday thread, but NO this is a new day

I have never been more nervous before a game in my life ever.

I think it will finish 2-1 Brighton - but obviously that will be enough for us

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

Oh god some sick is brewing

Oh god

Wembley is so close.

Tactical waterproof mascara wearing today.

Oh god.