Brighton vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread

xQCou0V.png          bazZuUl.png   

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Are called Brighton. But never mind that. Behold the Power of Hillsborough!

QXhQlch.jpg
t6BFVYN.jpg
kF5dEIX.jpg
w6dTLkr.jpg
WXWRFMV.jpg
T6fCmrF.jpg
OGHGOZC.jpg
QpwGkvv.jpg
zXMWeFN.jpg
qZ9pkzk.jpg
eq316j5.png
mwwi37x.jpg

What a night!

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Soulless Bowl, Brighton.
Kick Off: Monday the 16th of May at 19:30

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt, massive flags. No trumpets.

Matchday Pub: T’Squire has been pub hunting darn sarf for the next 16 Pint Challenge. He says…

“If you are gonna take planet Wemberlee then you need to do it on a proper full stomach with some proper beer (which is difficult to find daorn Saarth) and so town centre Wetherspoons with their piiss-stained lads and ladettes outside smoking roll-ups aren't what's needed for today's action stations.

Nope it is a proper interplanetary hostelry for King Carlos's warpsonic legions and it is the 'Earth and Stars' which is situated close to Brighton station and a very short skip from the seafront. No Landlady here unfortunately but fear not, the Landlord, according to A. Lau's google review serves everyone with a huge portion.”  Address: 46 Windsor St, Brighton and Hove BN1 1RJ

Probobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobarbly.

Matchday Pie: Get a bag of chips. Brighton have the most expensive pies of all pro clubs. Robbing dogs.

Matchday Song: The Thing by Carleen and the Groovers…

Matchday Song No. 2: A spaced out On-U Sound version of Liquidator by Barmy Army…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Brighton lost four players to injury in the 2-0 first-leg defeat at Wednesday on Friday night, and are likely to be without that quartet in the return clash at the Amex Stadium. Connor Goldson (thigh), Tomer Hemed (hamstring), Steve Sidwell (knee) and Anthony Knockaert (ankle) are all expected to miss out, while Dale Stephens is still suspended.The Seagulls are set to be without10 players, with the likes of Bobby Zamora and Solly March still long-term injury absentees.

First-leg goal-scorer Kieran Lee is in line for his 51st appearance in all competitions amid a gruelling campaign for Wednesday, who have no fresh injury concerns. Manager Carlos Carvalhal has called on his players to maintain full focus on the match in hand and not allow any thoughts to drift towards a potential play-off final. Carvalhal withdrew influential trio Ross Wallace, Alex Lopez and Gary Hooper in the late stages of Friday's convincing home win in a bid to keep all three fresh for the return.

6qH30FM.png Head to Head V1LHByE.png

aWaymTj.png

My prediction: We go again for the jugular. Another 2 - 0 for us. Wemberlee Wemberleeeeee. Ooooooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“The way our massive fans reacted was brilliant. The atmosphere in the ground was unbelievable and it created some magic. I am sure this is a game they will remember for some time because it means a lot. I think they will be talking about this for the next few weeks and maybe more.

We are absolutely and 100% focused and ready to go. As far as we are concerned, the score is 0-0 when we kick off on Monday. “Brighton are a dangerous opponent, absolutely sure and they know what they must do. But we do also. And we are feeling good, feeling fresh mentally and physically.

T1gTfWQ.jpg

We will prepare for this game exactly the same as every game we have played this season. There is no other way. I do not even think about the final. I think 100% about the second leg and we are going to Brighton to give our absolute best.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight!

xPcg3zk.gif

Guest trusty_left_peg

As always, thank you based pauli for your matchday thread quality.

For the match; we're going to do it. It will be tough, but the power of the Giant Shadow Llama and Taylor Swift shall see us through. We can do it.

Brighton 1-1 Owls (Hooper) (1-3 on aggregate)

Guest minsk owl

Absolutely brilliant !!  and brilliant pics

"short skip to the seafront"    :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

1 - 2  Wednesday, ......... couldn't give a to$$ who scores

post-38035-0-43575300-1463353649.gif

Best OMDT ever...!

Well done pauli.

Love the songs, love Tay-Tay, love GSL and fookin' love WEDNESDAY...!

Go again, big effort, no complacency, no prisoners and no fear.

0-2

Hooper and Fernando screamer

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Morning all.  

Quality that Pauli.  Best one yet.  

Going to be a tough tough game this one.  Brighton will no doubt throw everything at us.  Think Carlos has a nice counter attacking plan in place as Brighton will have to go on the offensive.  

I'm going for a 2-1 Wednesday win.  Forestieri and Bannan the scorers.  

We can do this.  

TO VICTORY!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Guest minsk owl

Morning all.  

Quality that Pauli.  Best one yet.  

Going to be a tough tough game this one.  Brighton will no doubt throw everything at us.  Think Carlos has a nice counter attacking plan in place as Brighton will have to go on the offensive.  

I'm going for a 2-1 Wednesday win.  Forestieri and Bannan the scorers.  

We can do this.  

TO VICTORY!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

eh up buddy, ...... you're back !!! , 

i trust you enjoyed the game Friday

Bloody brilliant OMDT Pauli

As I got my 2-0 prediction right on Friday (got the goalscorers wrong though) in gonna have another prediction 0-1 (hooper) for the second leg and hope I'm right

COME ON WEDNESDAY LETS SMASH THE FÃœCKERS AND GET TO WEMBERLEEEEEE!

Edited by LJH1867OWLS

Guest minsk owl

Too right.  

Was truly epic.  

Hope you're keeping well minsk?

Fine Ta , ......... tried to get there me sen,....... but circumstances etc etc   :sad:  :sad: ,  little un's pestering the life out, and we'll be pulling out all the stops after this evening !!