Honest opinion - what would turn you into a regular?

Been an avid reader of the forum for a long time but 1st post , Not been a regular since about 95 , However have been to quite a few games this season including Fridays night fantastic game with my 10 year old step son who is football mad  who is quite nicely coming along as an Owl.

Definitely getting season tickets IF we go up and sod his Dads wishes otherwise its going to games as  and when we can usually Midweek but its quite a roundtrip.

Like many others I stopped going because life got in the way , Parents moved me to Nottingham at 14 and went with my grandfathers until they got to old to go regularly

My dad took me to my first game against Leicester in 1984 - so a round trip of 300 mile from south west cumbria. I was aged 6 at the time & this would be a several times a year trip, the older I got and the football got better ( early 90's ) that increased to 12-15 games home & away. 

When I started earning a few quid & ended up living in London this became 20-25 games a year home & away - not much to get excited about going to Blackpool, Bournemouth, Peterboro midweek to name a few but irrespective your always looking for the tide to turn as it is now & nothing changes you still get the buzz of watching Wednesday. In relation to cost it used to cost best part of £100 back in the early - mid 90's - fuel, tickets, programme, couple of beers before, chippy at the bottom of the Kop for Dad & Lad. 

I'm now based in Australia & have been since 2009 - whenever I'm back home then it's still the same pilgrimage to the big blue church. Last trip was in October last year & we got the Arsenal game in before heading off to Ireland for a wedding then back to Oz - past 2 visits were Xmas 14/15 which Fulham, Blackpool & Wigan were done unfortunately just missed out on a Man City ticket the day before I flew back. The trip back before that was a week for funeral in August 2014 - in a rush booking a flight to get to the otherside of the world a quick purchase online for tickets at Burnley in the League Cup was also made. Landed the day before & off I went with my Dad for this game, happy days we won thanks to a big Dave pen. 

If i was living back in the UK & lived within an hour of Sheffield I would have a season ticket & get away as much as possible - but on that there are so many factors these days especially with the rising cost of the game we love. Not to mention going through life with all the attached attributes, wife kids mortgage they all cost.

Ive had numerous contacts from mates back home who are asking me if i'm coming back should we get to the Final - I would love to & the only thing stopping me is being in a new job on probation otherwise I'd be making the trip over. Yes it's going to be very frustrating & so will getting up again at 430am in the morning to hopefully get over the line against Brighton. One thing for sure what ever happens it's not going to change is my love for the club that chose me.

I hope that the ones lucky enough to be at the Amex have a ball helping the lads towards Wembley! UTO WAWAW 

Daughter wants a season ticket with me and the lad now....

She's been to 8 games.. won 6 drawn 2!

Can't see me getting her a wembley ticket if we get there, she'll be gutted

If you've already got two season tickets, I would be amazed if you won't be able to to get 4 tickets for the Final (if we get there). It's always been 2 tickets per season ticket, hasn't it?

Living Closer would help, Kids to be older. the missus got diagnosed with Cancer last year which made a huge dent in savings and made me re evaluate things. I could either go football every weekend or spend time with family. That and i'm getting married in a few months don't even know what money is anymore

If you've already got two season tickets, I would be amazed if you won't be able to to get 4 tickets for the Final (if we get there). It's always been 2 tickets per season ticket, hasn't it?

Not sure mate. Problem see is I'll get mine and the lads but will struggle to get a 3rd and defo wouldn't be seated together

I've been to 8 games this season. Maybe when my kids are slightly older and I can bring them with me, I'll go more often.

Think I've only been to 2-3 each year for the past few seasons, so there's definitely been a change - mainly based on the type and quality of football that we're playing. 

When my boys a bit older. Working full time I only get weekends with him and there's no way in hell he could sit through a game just yet and his mother is not keen on me taking him to hear all that swearing anyway :)

It's great when they turn sixteen, you're at an away game, and your son turns to you and says "Dad, seeing as we aren't in Sheffield, and I'm now 16, can I swear?" And your reply is "if you do I'll tell your mum"

It's great knowing you still have control over them.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Hoping to be a regular soon, had a season ticket as a teen, then went off to uni and was poor.

Graduated last year, live in Nottingham and things been expensive lately as I got myself a car and hopefully a house soon. So hopefully the season after next I will be able to get me season ticket

Living away for me. I had a season ticket when I lived in Sheffield but since I moved away and the kids came along (it's expensive with travel, paying for three), family life took over, taking the kids to all sorts of weekend activities etc. Once you make the decision to give up the season ticket, then you pick and choose your games.

I loved having a couple of beers with mates before the games but driving up the motorway isn't anything like as much fun.

All that said, a return to the top flight would see me back full time