Honest opinion - what would turn you into a regular?

I think the club does need to think a little carefully about ticket prices.

I live 120 miles from Sheffield and have been to very few games since going quite a lot as a teenager in the Hirst era. I went on Boxing Day vs Birmingham this season and was bowled over by the football we now play and especially that man Bannan. The bug was back but I did baulk a little at the 39 notes I handed over.

Since then I have been bitten by WAWAW and went away to Fulham, Reading, Preston and Brighton and home to Brentford, Rotherham, Blackburn, Charlton, Ipswich, Cardiff and finally Friday nights epic against Brighton.

I will definitrly get membership next year but can't get to enough games to be a sth. To be honest money is not a major issue but at 39 quid on the North for bigger games it's a lot of cash for some. Value for money is a factor though and I think something nearer 30 would draw more back and the right side of 30 for less popular games like Charlton.

Night games need to be priced better too.... 25 to 30 on North would be better for Dons and Blackburn for instance. Having done the drive there and back for the Tuesday night against Blackburn I would think twice again as trying to stay awake on the M1 home was a challenge, especially after those bright sparks at the Highways agency chose to reduce the M1 curve at the M18 to one lane. Grrrrrr. More fans in on a night game at better prices would draw in more noise and more atmosphere.

Distance and cost of travel at the moment (3.5 hrs each way from Surrey/Hampshire border).

Hoping to complete a house move to Beverley before the start of next season......and to secure my first ever season ticket!

Distance a problem for me also. The AA route map shows I live 271.8 miles from Hillsbro so the only time I get to  a home match is if I'm on holiday nearer S6,  which I'm likely to be for a week at the start of next season.

Hardly missed a home match from the early 1960s to moving down here 26 years ago - work related move.

Get in block S on the North more than half way up. Standing is the norm there. :)

I was going to start a thread to clarify which areas were designated unofficial standing

that the only block on the north.

Is there any standing area on the kop?

Edited by Geedee

Living closer.

Been a season ticket holder all my life until we moved, but now I can't justify the time away from family and the cost of getting to Hillsborough more than half a dozen times a year.

Means I miss nights like Friday night, but I've seen plenty of great things in my many years of travelling across the country watching Wednesday, so I'm not too hard done by!

I work 3 Saturdays a month.

It's just pot luck if I'm off and we're at home.

Like many (not just us either, same for a selection of fans at all clubs) I'm often more determined to get to certain games and will make more of an effort to make it possible, but I can't book every other Saturday off work, would be nice.

There'll always be bigger demand for certain games. The odd bigger attendance doesn't mean there's the potential for that size crowd regularly.

People will make sacrifices to make certain games. Sacrifices they can't make on a regular basis.

I have turned into a regular again this season with a half season ticket and a full season ticket next season.

The main thing that turned it for me was the fact that the players in the games I attended in the first half of the season were trying their best.  The number of times I've been to Hillsborough, paid my money, travelled the 1.5 hours to get there, fed the kids there, bought a programme then come out wondering why I bothered.  This obviously has a lot to do with the quality of the players the chairman and manager has brought in.

I'm lucky in that the price has never really been a factor - I'm not loaded but can afford to go if I get value for money and don't feel like I've put more effort into turning up at S6 than the players.

UTO.

I have a season ticket and my love of SWFC can be traced back to my dad bringing me on the odd occasion 96-2000. From then I had a season ticket with mates but still tried to convince him to come as much add possible.

This season I've got him to the Arsenal and two Brighton home games. One thing in common with them in that they've all been £25 or under. That's what it boils down to for my dad, price. He enjoys watching Wednesday but he won't claim to be a huge fan like myself and on principle he won't pay what he considers to be silly prices.