Honest opinion - what would turn you into a regular?

Guest Ferkorf

Money! Way too expensive for football nowadays, I didnt mind splashing the cash when I was single and out boozing every weekend. But when you have a mortgage and family theres always something to pay out for that comes before the footy.

I've been to about 10 away games this season maybe more due to the fact the tickets are cheaper or same price and its a better day out than Hillsborough.

This season though I have done 4 home games which is the least amount since my dad started taking me in 92.

Last july my partner had our first child and we get married later this year too so hence why money is tighter than usual.

Deffo taking the young one though in a few years hopefully be in the prem where I started watching the Owls!!

I've seen a couple of full houses this season, of sorts.   Loved them.  Can't wait for Wembley and I know i'm tempting fate saying that, but it will be awesome, again.   I remember 91, 93 and then also Cardiff and I loved them all, but obviously 93 less (twice - my sister got married when we beat the blades so I missed that game!) 

I'm not into "I'm a better fan because I buy a season ticket etc" - I just genuinely want to know what would turn those floaters (be careful!) that turn up for big games, to change them into regular - if not 100%, but at least more often, regular attenders at Hillsborough?

People have tried these kinds of threads before, and they ALWAYS degenerate, so here is an attempt that is asking before hand to not turn into Truefanâ„¢ V Part timer and i'm a better fan than you etc.

Cost is obviously a factor, and lets be honest the play off game was cheap.   But other than cost, what else would tempt you back, or keep you away?

We are now a successful top side championship team, so some have now lost one reason.  Note I said reason, not excuse.    Lets keep this civil.

What makes you think we are a top successful side? We finished 6th, miles behind the top 2 and had it been the old days would never been in contention for promotion when it was the top 3 who went up.....................reality check needed!!

Its quite an outing for me from Nottingham, but is not all about the travel.

I think the fun factor is what it is all about. Been loads this season and just loved it. 

My wife comes to matches with me. She loved the Waddle/Hirst era and also the Wilko days. But she hates boring aimless games.

I don't think it is really about  what division we are in. My personal favourite season was promotion under Big Jack.

But it is about believing we can win and watching games where we have long periods of great attacking play. We have had that in spades this year.

Promotion or not this season has been fun. 

Home form in terms of goals and wins helps of course.

What makes you think we are a top successful side? We finished 6th, miles behind the top 2 and had it been the old days would never been in contention for promotion when it was the top 3 who went up.....................reality check needed!!

We finished 6th.   Having had a stupid turnover of players and backstaff including manager.   If anything I think that lost us up to 15 points this season.  Yet we finished 6th, the highest ever since we dropped out of the top flight, and a lot of people, fans and pundits alike believe we have not hit peak.   I certainly don't with this core of players and current style of play.   I believe if the season started after we had Bannan and Forestieri we would have pushed the top 2 easily.

Edited by salmonbones