Honest opinion - what would turn you into a regular?

I've seen a couple of full houses this season, of sorts.   Loved them.  Can't wait for Wembley and I know i'm tempting fate saying that, but it will be awesome, again.   I remember 91, 93 and then also Cardiff and I loved them all, but obviously 93 less (twice - my sister got married when we beat the blades so I missed that game!) 

I'm not into "I'm a better fan because I buy a season ticket etc" - I just genuinely want to know what would turn those floaters (be careful!) that turn up for big games, to change them into regular - if not 100%, but at least more often, regular attenders at Hillsborough?

People have tried these kinds of threads before, and they ALWAYS degenerate, so here is an attempt that is asking before hand to not turn into Truefanâ„¢ V Part timer and i'm a better fan than you etc.

Cost is obviously a factor, and lets be honest the play off game was cheap.   But other than cost, what else would tempt you back, or keep you away?

We are now a successful top side championship team, so some have now lost one reason.  Note I said reason, not excuse.    Lets keep this civil.

Edited by salmonbones

Living closer.

Can't justify a whole Saturday away from wife and 2 year old.

Also if BabyAussie was older, then the above wouldn't apply because we'd all go to matches.

Give me 4 years at most... I'll be there.

Managed Bristol City, Arsenal, Huddersfield, Wolves, Rotherham, Cardiff, Playoff Semi. Not bad going...

Edited by aussieowl87

Premier league football. That I simply couldn't miss out on. If we get promoted I'll buy a season ticket and worry about the commute etc afterwards. If we're in the championship again I'll go every now and again when family, work, money etc is right

If I lived in the Sheffield area I would definitely have a season ticket. I take my hat off to those season ticket supporters who travel hundreds of miles to attend Hillsborough, but my circa 150 mile round trip is far more the deal breaker rather than the cost of a season pass.

Not having to work Saturdays. I dispise working Saturday but there is zero chance I can change it were I am now.

Im an optical lab tech, if somebody can sort me a job where I'm not working Saturday, I'll be straight down to buy a season ticket.

Edited by Maddogbob

I don't live in Sheffield, and it's not practical for me to be up more or less every other weekend. I'd certainly have one if I lived in Sheffield, even if I wouldn't necessarily go to every game.

Primarily, once our youngest is 6 or so - I'm a part-timer until they're old enough for us to go as a family.

Secondarily, the cost of family tickets - I dread to think how much it'd cost for two adults and 3-4 kids...

It's too expensive for me

I had season tickets for sixteen consecutive seasons up to late 90s

But can't justify it these days

I'll stay as a part timer even when we're back in the top flight and get to as many away days as I can too.

Just like I've done for the last decade.