Do not start nuhiu

Iv been critical of Nuhiu for most of his time with us to be honest, i have the opinion that he tries his best, always has but sadly just isn't really good enough. Against Brighton he was poor again coming on, gave free kicks away, gave one very simple pass away that led to Brighton countering and a free kick on the corner/edge of our box. Generally we saw play break down with him again and the team became long ball against a team with 10 men when imo we should have been using space making them run working the ball side to side until we can find an opening....

....HOWEVER, can we all just for the next (hopefully 2) games just get behind everyone including Nuhiu, when he makes a mistake, get behind him with encouragement, the same way we have with the other players in the Cardiff and Brighton games.

Carlos was a genius to ask for a 'tribute' for the players when they make 'a small mistake' and it really did work. For both the Cardiff and the Brighton games I thought the atmosphere was far more positive, let's keep it that way for what is the most important game(s) for 16 years. Let's just get behind ALL the players.

Hopefully the same starting 11, we did look a better team with the starting 11 before the subs imo.

Exactly, said in another thread let's attack and run them the first half hour. We either score and bring Nuhiu on to kill the game after, or we don't and bring Joao on to keep running at their tired defence. Sitting back and waiting is not the way to go in a semi final.

I did stick up for Nuhiu Richie, not very often I do that unless he puts in a good shift but as you say he is part of the team and gets my support

Wasn't really aimed at you Trev, just everyone in general including myself, to remind everyone what our Carlos has said, to get behind everyone even after a mistake, because I think that positivity has worked a treat the last 2 games I really do.

I don't think we need threads like this right now i guess is my main point, and I'm not slagging off the OP (because I tend to agree with him) lol

let's just keep it positive is all I'm saying.

Iv been critical of Nuhiu for most of his time with us to be honest, i have the opinion that he tries his best, always has but sadly just isn't really good enough. Against Brighton he was poor again coming on, gave free kicks away, gave one very simple pass away that led to Brighton countering and a free kick on the corner/edge of our box. Generally we saw play break down with him again and the team became long ball against a team with 10 men when imo we should have been using space making them run working the ball side to side until we can find an opening....

....HOWEVER, can we all just for the next (hopefully 2) games just get behind everyone including Nuhiu, when he makes a mistake, get behind him with encouragement, the same way we have with the other players in the Cardiff and Brighton games.

Carlos was a genius to ask for a 'tribute' for the players when they make 'a small mistake' and it really did work. For both the Cardiff and the Brighton games I thought the atmosphere was far more positive, let's keep it that way for what is the most important game(s) for 16 years. Let's just get behind ALL the players.

Well said that Man.

if we go up or even if we don't there are certain positions which need strengthening

centre forward is one we need a back up/different option to hooper

joao Is not good enough at the moment but may develop nuhui will never be good enough

we need someone intelligent skilfull and mobile like deeney or kodjia

loovens is not good enough we need a more reliable centre half

hunt is not good enough he's ok but we need better palmer certainly is not good enough

that said if we do go up we have the basis of a good team but need 5 or 6 squad players

Well that's your view totally discarded, Loovens is one of our most important players & even Blunkett can see that.

I'd replace entire squad if better is available but central defence would not be a priority.

Joao will play as he has more pace and we will be looking to get in behind a likely high back line and also counter quickly when possession changes.

If it doesn't go to plan Nuhiu will provide a more physical option from the bench.

Here's to you...

Can't believe some people still think Nuhiu has a place in this team. He gets beaten in the air constantly and when he doesn't he concedes free kicks in the last third giving defenders an easy way out.

On the rare occasional a decision goes for him he falls over like a tonne of bricks and claims he was hacked down which either breaks up the flow of our football, or the decision isn't given and the opposition benefit once again.

Nice guy but there's no room for sentiment if you want Wednesday to go places.

Can't believe some people still think Nuhiu has a place in this team. He gets beaten in the air constantly and when he doesn't he concedes free kicks in the last third giving defenders an easy way out.

On the rare occasional a decision goes for him he falls over like a tonne of bricks and claims he was hacked down which either breaks up the flow of our football, or the decision isn't given and the opposition benefit once again.

Go to bed Ian lol

Go to bed Ian lol

IAN WELCOME BACK

Hahahahahaha lets all just trust in the manager hey?? I'm sure all your points are valid in your own minds but Christ on a bike. Not every player is like messi some play a different style of football. Half the lma's members are terrified of the guy but you lot write him off week in week out.

Nuhiu a fantastic option from the bench. Has proved it time and time again this season.

Im still torn for Monday. Fridays line up is really compact, and with a two goal lead that is ideal. But it does turn off our goal scoring tap. Hooper and Fernando do not score in that set up, and the team rarely scores.

So Im torn between Joao to start with Nuhiu off the bench, or Fridays line up hoping for a nil nil.

We took players off yesterday with Monday in mind I believe, putting nuhiu on and we went long ball when really we could've done em with the short passing we were playing.

Don't start him Monday.

Carlos got us here in this position, he can do what the roger he wants and I'll trust his decision.

Or you could trust Carlos...hmmmm tough eh!