Do not start nuhiu

Council,

He brought Dave on to give our midfield a breather.

They had run their socks off for an hour - do you want us to have muscle tears and strains by half-time on Monday night too?

CC knows what he is doing.

mate, it was just an observation, i haven't been critical of the player I just thought we stopped doing the good things and reverted to going long.

mate, it was just an observation, i haven't been critical of the player I just thought we stopped doing the good things and reverted to going long.

they had 10 men carlos wanted to get it forward slightly quicker missing there midfield out and guess what he tactically got it right again

:biggrin:  Dave threads eh!

Agree with you but there was a reason IMO - we can't sustain that tempo, particularly the pressing & closing down with a game on Monday.

Carlos has made some great subs this season but got it wrong last night. Nuhiu was out of his depth and we completely changed our style and began pumping balls into the box

If anything joao should have come on with the extra pace to exploit the fact they were a man down

I wouldn't start Nuhiu, same team for an hour, get them pressing high up the pitch and if they come out and attack just hit them on the break like for wallaces goal.

If we keep the ball as we did on Friday we will do well.

Edited by whatdial

I was a little disappointed we stopped with all the tidy play around the box after Nuhiu came on. All the little one-two's were really making Brighton look tired. Obviously CC had his reasons for replacing Hooper but was just a little disappointed the style of football changed when he did.

He replaced Lopez with Nuhiu and took Hooper off later for Joao

Although we scored our second goal after Nuhui was introduced, I agree that we looked a less effective team after he came on. We seemed to lose some of our rhythm and I expect Brighton wouldn't be sorry to see him start on Monday.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having Nuhui in the squad as he offers a definite plan B, but I thought plan A was still working well before he came on last night.

I do think Carlos might try and add another tall player to help deal with set pieces.

He has done this in the past against sides whose main threat has been set pieces . Could be Joao , or could be Hutch but it won't be Nuhiu

Think Nuhiu will do a much better job holding the ball up in a game where we are going to spend a lot more time defending. Wouldn't question the judgement in starting him.

Don't see what he did wrong yesterday. Once it was 2-0 the game was buried and easier to attempt some diagonals and knockdowns than press and get caught on counter (an example being Matias having to chop one of their players and get a yellow as we had over committed). We would all be fooming if it finished 2-1

Guest Fedor

He should never start again.

Appreciate he has something to add in terms of impact from the bench, but our neat, quick incisive passing game is so far above his slow clumsy efforts it's scary.

Thanks Atty but we've moved on.

Think the penny is finally dropping with most on here. Pity it took them so long.

Guest DontblametheRef

Think the penny is finally dropping with most on here. Pity it took them so long.

This. How does Nuhiu fit into our slick, pacy, passing team? He doesn't. May as well send our lass on, now she can cause problems.