hull it is

Guest wilyfox

Why did some want Hull over Derby? I really don't understand. Hull are clearly the stronger side, in my opinion. Are they the same peeps that wanted Boro over Brighton? Bizarre.

Why did some want Hull over Derby? I really don't understand. Hull are clearly the stronger side, in my opinion. Are they the same peeps that wanted Boro over Brighton? Bizarre.

Some very weird people on here lol

Call me a negative nancy, but can't see us beating Hull if we both get to Wembley. Very organised and physical, exactly the thing that can counter us. Prove me wrong Carlos and gang!  :biggrin:

Our record is poor against Derby.

I don't think league position matters at this stage. We currently have a decent advantage against a side who were 15 or so points ahead of us in the final league table standings.

In my opinion should we make the final I would fancy us more against Hull than Derby.

Guest wilyfox

Some very weird people on here lol

Call me a negative nancy, but can't see us beating Hull if we both get to Wembley. Very organised and physical, exactly the thing that can counter us. Prove me wrong Carlos and gang!  :biggrin:

I agree. Reckon we'd be second best against Hull. Brighton and Derby were always the preferred path, for me. Brighton are nothing special, and Derby are bottlers.

Derby were dreadful - Hull are physical and have pace but not a great technical team.

This is what I thought when we played them earlier this year. Dangerous team, potentially explosive, pretty well organized in the back too. If this is to be the match at Wembley, it'll be a real battle.

Hope I'm not imagining this but Derby tend to play down the wings whereas Hull play through the midfield.

As we have got a great midfield but can be suspect at crosses I would suggest our best chance (if we get to the final) would be against Hull.

Just one aspect I know.

Many wanted Hull because Derby are a bogey side for Wednesday. It's not how a team plays against anyone else, it's how they play against you. Let's worry about Brighton first. If they get an early goal on Monday it will be very difficult.

Pity about that third goal, it will mean that Hull can rotate players more easily now. On the other hand that goalkeeper of theirs looks shaky and IF we play them at Wembley in a final I can't see it being 79 minutes before we put some pressure on him and he might just crumble.

Must take care of Brighton first, however.