poll: Man Of The Match vs Brighton (1st Leg)...and Your Player Ratings

Man Of The Match vs Brighton  

537 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man Of The Match vs Brighton?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Wallace
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Hooper
    • Forestieri
    • Lopez
    • Nuhiu
    • Matias
    • Joao

Guest Fedor

Lee

He's here he's there he's every Fukin where

Kieran Lee , Kieran Lee

Edited by Fedor

Westy 8 solid

Hunt 8 one of his best performances for us imo

Lees 9 absolute wall

Loovens 9 rock solid

Pupil 10 everywhere were he needed to be and defended well and got his body in

Wallace 10 brilliant goal and put a shift in tackling and passing really well

Lee 10 everywhere controlled midfield and decent finish

Bannan 9 never stopped running seemed to wait too long to pass it still btilliant performance

Lopez 9 solid shift in a hutch role

Fessi 9 unlucky with the disallowed played well with lots of skill seemed to be drifting off a bit

Hooper 8 never seemed to quite get in to it

Dave 8 did everything he had too

Joao 9 lots of good runs and had a few pops on goal

Matias 8 looked good and got him self about

Westwood - 7, Didn't really have a save to make, came out to make 2 good punches from dangerous corners but other than that never really had any big saves too make. Kicking on the break always looks deadly too!

Hunt - 7, Solid solid game, much better defensively, didn't even notice Knockaert and Bong were in the game. Always looking to run and make something happen with the ball and him and Wallace cause any team problems down that right side.

Loovens - 8, Captains performance, lead us well, we needed our experienced players to show the way tonight and he did that. Didn't put a foot wrong, all the basic done well and we kept a clean sheet, what more can you ask?

Lees - 8, Water tight! won every ball and didn't give Baldock a chance at any second ball. 3 clean sheets vs Brighton this season with this man playing in every game, another impressive game.

Pudil - 7, Thought he played as a LW tonight, always available and on the overlap making space for whoever is infront. Defensively sound and his left foot provides so much quality in the final third, another good game from a lad who is proving to be our best ever LB in recent years!

Lee - 9, My MOTM. He's like the invisible man, he just ghosts into space and onto the ball, seems to play all over that midfield, complete box to box masterclass tonight he was everywhere. And that goal as well, how many times have we seen him pick up the ball in that spot this season? Such a classy player, the hidden gem of our team.

Bannan - 7, Tireless energy and workrate as always, but thought he did lack his usual killer ball self tonight. One or Two stray passes in good positions but ticked play over and kept the ball moving nicely at a high tempo, so much creativity he could open an art shop.

Lopez - 8, Sat in the hole and dropped deep to pick up the ball and direct our play and the game for 60minutes and was fantastic I thought. The whole game was beating to the sound of his drum and although I thought we needed to bring on another striker I would have left this man on, the brain of the team tonight, can really appreciate what he brings to a side when we play how we did today.

Wallace - 8, Excellent finish for the goal, his left foot is deadly, cannot tell you how long we have needed a proper old school winger that has some quality on the ball, turning out to be one of the 'free' signings of the season! Such a big game player too, scored the opener vs Arsenal aswell in the same spot...Wallace is the last of a dying breed of winger, very good tonight!

Hooper - 7, Linked up play nicely, I thought he was marked pretty heavily tonight, always seemed to be closed down on the ball but just goes to show how dangerous Brighton considered him to be. Not his night to be the hero but we know he can do it...maybe a few Saturdays from now...

Fessi - 7, Wonderful first goal, looks like it was correctly disallowed but take nothing away from a fine finish. For me, our best attacker, always looks capable of making something happen, such a deadly player with the ball at his feed, great pass to Lee for the goal too. Tired as the game went on but his energy and passion summaries the team today, loved it!

Subs

Nuhiu - 7, Created more problems for the defence and maybe on a different night could have scored, not to be for the big man tonight but good choice to bring him on.

Matias - 7, Hit and miss as usual but thought he should have had a penalty after Bong fouled him in the box...direct and skilful which the game needed just needs to want to make things happen more!

Still buzzing after writing all of that, but can't bring myself to give anyone lower than a 7. They were all excellent tonight. Honestly nobody put a foot wrong in my book, thought we would be shakey or nervous for a bit, especially after the disallowed goal. But no, none of that, such a disciplined and passionate performance, 2-0 is a huge result and now we go into Mondays game with it in our hands, Brighton must come out and attack, puts us in an excellent position.

Fans? - 10.

Best atmosphere I have ever been too in my life, ever better than the Wycombe game. Electric from start to end, and the moment with the lights was truly something special, we belong in the top tier of football and I think we're all starting to get the feeling it might just happen.

Edited by Del_Liles

Ok, sorry to complain, but.....

Bannan was rubbish on the left.

I thought Matias and Nuhiu were rubbish wen they came on and I'm still disappointed with hoops and FF up top together.

It was a good performance but we could and maybe should have really done them in the last 20.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm slightly disappointed.

Puts Tin hat on.

Very happy but would have loved another goal.

Westy solid as always 8

Hunt one of his best games 8

Lees and Loovens missed nothing all night 8

Pudil beast and overlapped well 8

Wallace magnificent 9

Lopez busy and flawless 8

Lee a perfect 10. Was there a blade of grass he didnt cover?

Bannan very quiet first but masterful second 8

Hooper the so called lazy one worked his knacks off 8

Fessi brilliant different class 9

Three subs did well 7

Kieran Lee though !

Ok, sorry to complain, but.....

Bannan was rubbish on the left.

I thought Matias and Nuhiu were rubbish wen they came on and I'm still disappointed with hoops and FF up top together.

It was a good performance but we could and maybe should have really done them in the last 20.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm slightly disappointed.

Puts Tin hat on.

Very happy but would have loved another goal.

Im one of the biggest critics of FF/Hooper as a pairing. And yes Bannan was out of the game on the left first half, then took over in the second, especially after Lopez went off.

However, a two goal win is fantastic, and certainly for the away leg I would not change a thing.

Has to be Loovens,were solid and organised when hes in,he barked out the instructions all game.

Lee had a great game tonight proper on it,love watching him when he plays like tonight,just controls the MF like its his orchestra and dictates a game.

Reyt night tobe an owl

I thought Matias looked good when he came on. Not afraid to run at them and a good cross on him. Great player to bring on when the opposition is down to ten.

We could have gone for it a little more in the last 15 but that could have meant we conceded which would have been disastrous.