Brighton following

Man U have a big attendance and its full of plastic fans. We have the big game turnouts and average attendances of 20 odd thousand home fans which is our hardcore.

Away from home we have some of the best fans in the country. Why aren't your fans up for that?

I have no issue with fair weather supporters as all big clubs have them and rely on them to an extent.

If Brighton are still getting 27k in 20 years time when the new era is no longer new then I will doff my cap to you.

Edited by Bluesteel

WTF has selling out got to do with it?

Fact is you have a huge fluctuation in attendances and far more plastics than most.Our fans turn up in similar numbers regardless of how we are doing and you get another 10k+ turn up when you're on a roll.

I'm not bitter about the footballing side as to me it doesn't matter what division we're in as being a football fan isn't about success....success is just a bonus.

I'm sure you will make it to Wembley and deservedly so,but we've had a brilliant season regardless!!!

Oh I don't know, coming on our page calling us plastic when you can't sell out the home or away legs, which we did so in a week and a day and a half for our games, but okay mate.

Guest Grez Bez

No you're not massive as massive clubs get big crowds every home game and you was down to 17ish earlier in the season.

Potential to be big again although looking at your history you'd have to be in the prem.

I think you must have misunderstood. WE ARE flipping MASSIVE!

What's plastic?

Fans that turn up in the prem and when you're doing well?

Every club has them,but we averaged over 27k two seasons ago while finishing 18th ish...when did you last average 26/27k for such a big club?

1959 was the last time in this division....

I don't think you lot are plastic but to be fair, you're going through a bit of a renaissance with a relatively new ground and an excellent few years achievement wise; and because of that, I don't think you can state your big club credentials until you retain significant attendances after few years of dross.

What a nob head

Do you actually know what plastics are?

MKD's 20k

Brighton 34k

How many of your fans have appeared recently?

Plastic fans are the ones that appear for big games like your Arsenal cup game and the ones that turn up for prem games.You are far more plastic than us.

You silly silly man gary megson

Every team has fair weather fans as well as a hardcore of fans who will go to watch their team on any occasion, anywhere. I thought the Brighton fans were a credit to their team last night who were only stunned into silence for a while when we scored. The yellow streamers and ticker tape when the teams came out looked impressive.

Gutless turnout from their plastic supporters, obviously rubbed off on the team as well. Embarrassing.

Gutless?? We've averaged about 1700 away with a lot of long distances/lots of midweek games up north, etc. Taking the day off for a long, expensive trip up with 5 days notice is a lot to ask for most people.

Yes I know you sold your allocation quickly but we were pretty dejected to have ended up in the playoffs again plus you're a bigger supported club than us - our support is far more localised too.

In fairness apart from the albion bumder rest of there fans have been good on here.

Last night there fans struggled to be heard but that's down to us plus they brought more than we took there this season.

As for plastics that the idiot bumder was on about then I reckon I went to withdean more than majority of fans they get at Amex now.

Guest Grez Bez

It was quite funny in the lower Lep

When they were singing loads of Wednesdayites joined in until they realised it was Brighton and not us!

Brighton attendances were starting to fall at start of this season, only the unexpected fantastic season they've had have seen fans return.

As for the average away following of 1,700 this was boosted by cheap tickets at MK Dons.

As for plastics, they had plastic clappers when they played Palace in play offs, can't get anymore plastic than that.

What a nob head

Do you actually know what plastics are?

MKD's 20k

Brighton 34k

How many of your fans have appeared recently?

Plastic fans are the ones that appear for big games like your Arsenal cup game and the ones that turn up for prem games.You are far more plastic than us.

Please don't cry it's not a good look...go and make a cuppa.

Shut the f*ck up you boring flap.

No. It's interesting to hear the views of a Brighton fan. You've not quite got the hang of intelligent debate, have you?

Both Brighton and Wednesday have the potential to play in the prem. Big stadium, good support.

If you've ever been to the withdean, you would understand his point. Worst ground I've ever been on. AMEX is one of the best.

Every team has fair weather fans as well as a hardcore of fans who will go to watch their team on any occasion, anywhere. I thought the Brighton fans were a credit to their team last night who were only stunned into silence for a while when we scored. The yellow streamers and ticker tape when the teams came out looked impressive.

Cheers fella. Hard to make ourselves heard in that atmosphere but we didn't stop singing. Got home at 4am, up at 9am as babysitting my nephew, banging headache and lost my voice. Advantage Owls, hoping for a miracle Monday but if not best of luck at Wembley.