Brighton following

And I bet they called them bwiton

It's pronounced Bwoiton.   Loyal fans.  They're a better supported club than us.   Of course we'll always take loads down there.   Been 3 times myself.  A couple of nights in Bwoiton is a bit more exciting than a month in Sheffield.

Not a sellout from us which is disappointing but our enthusiasm/confidence going into the playoffs was low after the way the season ended and our recent efforts in the playoffs.

We've come a long way in a short space of time - people forget that we lost a generation of fans after going 15 years without a proper ground. Not many teams around us I know but London is just up the road so the London clubs were a huge lure in those days - I grew up in them and we certainly weren't a fashionable club to support knocking around in the bottom divisions playing in Gillingham/at Withdean. Things have chaged massively in Sussex now. Kids wearing Brighton shirts everywhere. Top two in the attendance charts since the amex could hold 30k and an above average away following. We've averaged aboout 1700 despite a lot of midweek northern games/sky changing ko times late etc. Nothing at all to be ashamed of tonight.

You boys are a big club - no Brighton fan in their right mind would dispute that you're a bigger club than us. Unless we somehow manage to overturn the 2 goal deficit on Monday I'd like to see you back on the top flight. Good club - great support tonight.

Edited by Brighton84

I applaud the ones that made the journey.  It's a hell of a long way to come for a night match. I've got a lot less further to go and I didn't make it.

They're the enemy but a brave and loyal band. Good luck to them (except for on Monday).

Just got home,first time in the Lepp since 1967,what a fantastic atmosphere.I thought the visitors fans stuck at it quite well considering it was all going belly up.

Met a few of them before the game in the Red Lion and they were a decent bunch but a bit lacking in the belief they were going to win .

Even I joined in with the bounce song,first time I have sworn in front of my stepson,hope he doesn,t sing it tomorrow in front of his mother.

Just got home,first time in the Lepp since 1967,what a fantastic atmosphere.I thought the visitors fans stuck at it quite well considering it was all going belly up.

Met a few of them before the game in the Red Lion and they were a decent bunch but a bit lacking in the belief they were going to win.

I dont know anyone that was feeling confident going into the game last night. It's been a weird week trying to get myself/ourselves excited again for the playoffs but I never really managed to till a few beers before kick off last night. We haven't had much luck in our attempts to get to the prem in recent years and in the end last night proved no different. 4 key injuries and 10 men for half an hour. Still can't believe it!!

That said I thought we were very loud last night but obviously drowned out by you guys a lot of the game!!

I was in the lower lepp and their fans did sing a fair bit. It was the same song over and over for 30 mins which was irritating...but considering the way the match was playing out it was very good.