The Owls vs Brighton. Official Matchday Thread

On the replay I saw it looked like Hooper didn't get a touch. Ran straight to FF from westwoods kick

Didn't matter if he did or didn't as Forestieri was in an offside position from the start and in an active position within the wide of the 18 yard box. 

Can't complain really, just annoying that it wasn't flagged offside straight away.

Guest IantheEd

Didn't matter if he did or didn't as Forestieri was in an offside position from the start and in an active position within the wide of the 18 yard box.

Can't complain really, just annoying that it wasn't flagged offside straight away.

Yeah, this. I concede it was the right decision but there was no flag from linesman even as it went into the goal and took far too long for the decision to be made.

We just have to hope it doesn't affect the lads too much. Come on Wednesday!!!!

At no point does the linesman flag, so, he never Ctually thought he was offside...at any point...until the brighton players convinced him he was offside. The flag then went up about 4 minutes after the goal was scored. Why is the referee allowing the brighton players to even speak to the linesman?

At no point does the linesman flag, so, he never Ctually thought he was offside...at any point...until the brighton players convinced him he was offside. The flag then went up about 4 minutes after the goal was scored. Why is the referee allowing the brighton players to even speak to the linesman?

I agree that part was wrong but the right decision was reached in the end. If it was the other way around you'd rather the right decision was reached, surely?