sabri sarioglu

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If it's evolution, and not revolution, we already need to cover half a dozen positions, so with two decent right backs already, I don't see this happening

1 minute ago, BD2OWL said:

We have a decent right back ?

Can we not improve what we already have? Isn't that the essence of evolution anyway building on what we've currently got?

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Can we not improve what we already have? Isn't that the essence of evolution anyway building on what we've currently got?

I am just stunned that we have a decent right back ...

28 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

For sure, we could improve in practically every position, but from what I've read, we're unlikely to do that. All I'm saying is, we have more pressing issues

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

For sure, we could improve in practically every position, but from what I've read, we're unlikely to do that. All I'm saying is, we have more pressing issues

Yeah I realised after I'd posted, hence my comment above.

I do agree though, we have more pressing issues further up the field, I suppose RB won't be a target until we reach the Prem but if there's an opportunity to improve I'd rather us not turn it down. Saying that I doubt we'd sign this guy.

We won't get this player, but can't be turning our noses up at international players with champions league experience because we have Liam Palmer

Improving the squad is always a good thing, and just because we brought in a right back doesn't mean we won't be in talks with players in "more important" positions too 

1 hour ago, Lee A said:

We won't get this player, but can't be turning our noses up at international players with champions league experience because we have Liam Palmer

Improving the squad is always a good thing, and just because we brought in a right back doesn't mean we won't be in talks with players in "more important" positions too 

But palmer is wednesday thru an thru

34 minutes ago, OurDan said:

But palmer is wednesday thru an thru

Plus he's actually better than Hunt Maybe that's a bit unfair, they're both decent, but Liam is a better defender

Edited by gurujuan

4 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

How long ago was this?? Got pace to burn for a 31yr old!

Possibly 2013 goal. 

He'll be 32 before next season and there's a youtube video which compares him to C.Ronaldo, which has nearly a million views.

18 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

How long ago was this?? Got pace to burn for a 31yr old!

14 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Possibly 2013 goal. 

He'll be 32 before next season and there's a youtube video which compares him to C.Ronaldo, which has nearly a million views.

I think it's before 2013 because that stadium looks like the old Ali Sami Yen stadium, and they haven't played there at least since before i've lived in istanbul. I moved here in 2011, and they moved to the Turk Telekom Arena in 2010. 

22 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Plus he's actually better than Hunt Maybe that's a bit unfair, they're both decent, but Liam is a better defender

Not sure any of them are particularly good defensively. Their strengths lie in going forward and Hunt is slightly better than Palmer in that department.

Nothing wrong with trying to improve what we already have and let's not forget their could be some outgoing players too this Summer.

Will depend on what he gets offered elsewhere at his age.If he has such affiliation to Gala he might not want to join another Turkish side so we could probably offer a deal just as good as anyone.Gala might lose a few of their bigger names after not qualifying for Europe this season and banned from Europe season after that too.