Team for tomorrow then

Wallace?

Gah!

EDIT: I do think FF is much more effective on the left, and I think we will need a Hutch/Lopez type in the middle for all these games, so yes, I'd sacrifice Wallace, probably.

Edited by WC1Owl

Not sure where you counted.

So far...

13 want Joao / Hooper

5 want Nuhiu / Hooper

2 want Nuhiu or Joao / Hooper

OP wants FF / Hooper

One wants Hooper up front in a new 4 5 1

Seems crystal clear what people think is our best formation, ie two up front and Fernando left, Bannan middle.

Give it a rest ffs. We don't have 1 best team.

Good job Carlos picks the team and not owlstalk.

Wwood

Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil

Bannan, lopez lee, Fessi

Hooper, joao

Same side that probably put in best performance of season vs cardiff, easy decision with all that energy in midfield.

Think bannan does similar cutting in job as wallace on right but has more energy to help fb. Wallace, nuhiu, mcgeady, helan obvious subs from 60+min

Brighton home game we had FF/Joao up top, Bannan on the left. Away game we had Hooper/Joao up top, Bannan central, Matias left, Lee on the right, Forestieri suspended.

So Joao has started both games (perhaps only started the away game due to FF's suspension), which suggests CC fancies him against Brighton's back line. If that is the case, the only player I can see missing out is Wallace. Probably means the Cardiff line up again.

Or he'll go with what appears to be his preferred strike force in FF/Hooper meaning Joao misses out and Wallace plays. No way Nuhiu's starting.

Personally I'd prefer the 2nd option with Joao (who can sometimes be a bit of a liability particularly when starting) coming on in the 2nd half when the game is a bit more open.

Either way we're capable of winning.

Give it a rest ffs. We don't have 1 best team.

Good job Carlos picks the team and not owlstalk.

What? So you are right, and the overwhelming majority on here are wrong?

Look, if Carlos picks a line-up that I think is totally wrong, which means Fessi up front, i will sit there tomorrow massively frustrated, but massively hopeful that I am an arris and that Carlos proves he got it right and I got it wrong.

So calm down. Have your view, even though its a massive minority view, but stop critiscising and negging others for having theirs.

Please please and pretty please give Hooper a strike partner that's all I ask

Do that and I'm going to Wembley

When my kids say pretty please to me I hate it. But on this occasion I agree with you. When I see the team put up on the scoreboard tmoz I will be distraught if its Hooper and Fernando. They are sooooo much better with Joao or Nuhiu on the field.

What? So you are right, and the overwhelming majority on here are wrong?

Look, if Carlos picks a line-up that I think is totally wrong, which means Fessi up front, i will sit there tomorrow massively frustrated, but massively hopeful that I am an arris and that Carlos proves he got it right and I got it wrong.

So calm down. Have your view, even though its a massive minority view, but stop critiscising and negging others for having theirs.

"Massively minority view" which happens to be the same as Carlos'  :manager:

My view is, we don't have 1 best team. It's horses for courses. We have various setups, all capable of winning games at this level. 

A pretty balanced view. I'm not the one starting thread after thread, desperate for agreement to prove i'm right.

"Massively minority view" which happens to be the same as Carlos'  :manager:

My view is, we don't have 1 best team. It's horses for courses. We have various setups, all capable of winning games at this level. 

A pretty balanced view. I'm not the one starting thread after thread, desperate for agreement to prove i'm right.

Cards firmly on the table. Hoops and Fessi up top is so wrong.

But, I will be utterly shameless, and post on here when I get back tmoz at 11, if he picks that duo upfront, and they tear Brighton apart, that I know sweet Football Association about football and that I am a complete kernobb.

I've got a feeling Carlos has been saving Hutchinson to be fresh and suspension free for the play offs

I think this is our strongest line up at the moment.

joao and Nuhiu are interchangeable.

i'd love to be able to fit wallace in but we're restricted to 11 and we need 4 defenders and 3 central midfielders.

FF has to be on the pitch as does Hooper.

FF seems to do his best work from a sort of free left wing role and Hooper needs a partner so we can't start another winger plus I prefer Matias to Wallace as a sub because there's always a (albeit low) chance of magic.

The rest of the subs cover the other positions.  

Westwood

Hunt     Lees   Loovens    Pudil

Hutchinson

Lee        Bannan       

Forestieri

Joao
                Hooper

Subs - Wildsmith, Turner, Helan, Palmer, Lopez, Nuhiu, Matias

It took about 40 games but we now have a completely settled defence. Not one of us has deviated from the now obvious back 5. Hugely

important.

And they have had 13 days of TLC.

We have arrived here in fantastic shape.