Team for tomorrow then

The back 5 picks itself.

That in itself is great news.

So it just comes down to the age old dilemma:

Do you pick your best 11 players, then figure out a system to accommodate them all, or pick the system and then the players that can best deliver it?

The crux of that boiling down to what to do with the midfield...

Either

a) shifting FF up top to accommodate Wallace alongside Lee, Lopez(/Hutch) and Bazza

b) keeping FF on the left and having to leave one of those on the bench

c) Playing them all but having Hooper on his own

I would personally go with the same side that started against Cardiff.

Lee, Lopez and Bannan are basically un-droppable on current form, and FF isn't as effective up front.

We can rely on our full backs to provide width, and Wallace is more of an option from the bench should we need to change things up.

I understand the clamour for Hutch, but it would be really unfair to drop Lopez during his recent form.

For me, Lopez starts with Hutch on the bench.

I have one request - please can we have Turner nowhere nearer the squad. 

Seeing as Hutch can play CM as well as CB (I think he's better at CB), it makes perfect sense for him to be on the bench, so we can have more attacking options on the bench for Carlos to use depending how the match unfolds. He also hasn't played in ages so can't possibly be match fit.

As someone already pointed out in another thread, Brighton maybe lacking pace at centre half tomorrow, so Joao starts for me as per Cardiff.  After 60-70 mins of dropping further and further back to deal with the pace and FF, Lee and Bannan buzzing around, on comes Dave and keeps them there where he can do his best work.  Besides, Brighton may not be happy to commit players forward if there is a threat of pace up top and surely thats what we want at home.  Oh for it to be so simple......... :rolleyes:

Hello, by the way....

I'm a big fan of Nuhiu but feel he's looked far more dangerous off the bench after 60 mins in recent weeks, gives their defence a different problem to sort, however having said that with Dunk missing..............I trust Carlos to make the right decision.

300 mile round trip tomorrow can't wait! Back in the early hours.

It really should be a no brainer, but 8 of the 13 posters on here are suggesting Nuhiu should start. Only on OT!

Not sure where you counted.

So far...

13 want Joao / Hooper

5 want Nuhiu / Hooper

2 want Nuhiu or Joao / Hooper

OP wants FF / Hooper

One wants Hooper up front in a new 4 5 1

Seems crystal clear what people think is our best formation, ie two up front and Fernando left, Bannan middle.

Joao or Nuhiu has to start upfront with Hooper with FF on left, Bannan has to start, then the question is do you drop Lopez for Wallace, am not sure what would be best!

Carlos must have knacks of steel to make that call.

But, what a position. Fully fit squad, two weeks rest, to have to choose between Wallace or Lopez. Pinch me.

How we lined up last November

Sheff Wed

1  Westwood
  32 Hunt
  15 Lees
  5  Loovens
  36 Pudil
  33 Wallace Substituted for Helanat 77'minutes
  4  Hutchinson
  20 Lee
  41 Bannan
  45 Forestieri
  18 Lucas João Substituted for Nuhiuat 56'minutes

Substitutes
  6  Semedo
  9  Nuhiu
  10 McGugan
  14 Hooper
  17 Helan
  23 Sasso
  28 Wildsmith

Carlos must have knacks of steel to make that call.

But, what a position. Fully fit squad, two weeks rest, to have to choose between Wallace or Lopez. Pinch me.

He isn't choosing between Wallace and lopez, they don't play in the same position. Wallace is our best right winger and should play. Lopez is in form and should play. I think Joao will be swapped for Wallace in the starting line-up, and then Joao will come on as an impact sub last 20 minutes

He isn't choosing between Wallace and lopez, they don't play in the same position. Wallace is our best right winger and should play. Lopez is in form and should play. I think Joao will be swapped for Wallace in the starting line-up, and then Joao will come on as an impact sub last 20 minutes

I think it is a straight choice between Lopez and Wallace.

Carlos is not going to change the set up that was so outstanding v Cardiff, with Fernando wide. In which case it can only be Wallace or Lopez.