West Ham...

Christ that was so camp and over the top it was laughable...........football really needs to get over itself , it seems you cant watch any match these days without there being some tribute / memorial / minutes applause for something or other.

Its diluting the reverence which we should uphold for the times when a tribute or memorial IS appropriate.

I enjoyed the match but didn't watch owt that happened after. Did they smash the place up? A few were saying it would happen as they all wanted a souvenir seat.

Must admit, I don't remember all this type of hype for when man City left maine Road or arsenal left Highbury. Surely those moves were just as momentous. This seems like a local issue has been blown up to national level for no reason. Ok, it's the end of an era but ffs, they're moving house.

Don't mind them as a club but the media w@nkfest over them during the last few days has but embarrassing.

2 weeks of it being all over the papers, radio and TV

The fact that the only thing anyone will remember is that Londoners can't take their beer without going all "hard" like Ray Winstone has slightly made me feel a bit better

Dont mind West Ham, but they really are a club that has benefitted from football becoming super fashionable. Think its to do with the image of all 'proper cockneys' support West Ham.

I am sorry to see a another traditional ground go but agree with everyone who said the sports media have really gone was OTT last few months about this.

I am even more sorry that the tax payer has been robbed blind with regard to the Olympic Stadium. 

Didn't think it was that bad. Should they just foff at the end, as if it's a normal match?

Decent celebration of their home of 112 years, it's not their fault Sky chose to show it. No one was forced to view it. I'm not one for organised fun, but to many envious miserable sods on here.

We're forgetting most of the London press/Fleet Street are West Ham fans.  Always been the case... they'll do anything to big up the 'Ammers.

Sad but true.

Attack the bus anyone?

Talking about Bus, how's our old one doing?   Is he scoring for his new club?

Google hillsborough and every link on the 1st page is about the disaster. An historic stadium such as ours should be famous for so many more reasons. Does my head in.

You have to actually search Hillsborough Stadium if that's what you want at the top, people wanting Hillsborough Castle wont just search Hillsborough and hope it is top of the list. The word Hillsborough on its own will forever more be associated with a tragedy. TBH is 17 years of using the internet i cant say just searching Hillsborough has ever brought the ground up to the top anyway, even if you search Hillsborough -Disaster you don't get the ground.

That fantastic match was a fitting tribute to Upton Park (great game, fantastic atmosphere). 

The Olympic Opening ceremony (how fitting) thing afterwards was both hilarious and cringe-worthy at the same time. 

I lost it at the end with the "Crazy Cockneys" sex-Pistol version of "forever blowing bubbles". 

No fireworks. No TV presenters. No bright flashing lights. No London taxis. No every player being asked the same suck up questions ie; what makes this ground and this crowd so special?. Former players, that's fair enough but what's wrong with a lap of honour and then time for the fans to have their own time before they go home. It was like an x factor final or something.

Edited by archieswfc