Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

I see guru is getting in the old "can do better"s nice and early before we've even done anything. Rock on, Tommy! 

lol

29 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I see guru is getting in the old "can do better"s nice and early before we've even done anything. Rock on, Tommy! 

lol

Hey, somebody has to do it mate. How many poo signings would we have made had I not made a stand

My gosh, please be true! Would be a massive statement of intent, if we get the best striker at this level. Wouldn't mind that Emyr Huws from Wigan too. But if we get McCormack, I really think we'll go up top two.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-3634262/Sheffield-Wednesday-plot-12m-rated-Fulham-striker-Ross-McCormack.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Guest Hirstpower

Would be a real statement of intent, if we got Ross and I don't see any reason why he couldn't play along side Hooper.

he's superb in the air and on the floor and he got 9 assists last year and he's a grafter, just what our team ethos, is all about.

Edited by Hirstpower

9 minutes ago, Hirstpower said:

Would be a real statement of intent, if we got Ross and I don't see any reason why he couldn't play along side Hooper.

he's superb in the air and on the floor and he got 9 assists last year and he's a grafter, just what our team ethos, is all about.

Exactly he scores many goals yet he creates numerous chances for himself and others too. Just imagine Hooper and McCormack upfront with Forestieri on the left or a front three spearheaded by Hooper with McCormack and Forestieri either side of him. With the likes of Bannan, Hutchinson and Lee buzzing around too. We'd overwhelm teams at this level and we'd have so many goal threats and creativity in the team. I really hope it happens and DC pulls off this mega deal because I believe we'd go up in the top two.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble
top two excitement

13 minutes ago, Hirstpower said:

Of course he could play alongside Hooper. Or Forestieri.

The only ones who don't think they can are the dinosaurs on here who still think you need a target man. 

Guest Hirstpower

Go and get Guedioura from Watford and a top class winger and I wouldn't even see Newcastle touching us.

Guedioura'd be the first on my list. The problem with McCormack is the same as it is whenever you try to buy a player from your own division, namely inflated prices. It's unpopular with the fans of the selling club, and clubs don't like selling to rivals.

If Chansiri is happy to spend that much on one player I'm all for signing McCormack. Without a doubt the best striker in this league.

He will be able to play by himself, with Hooper, with a big man or with Forestieri. 

Even just being interested is a massive statement of intent. We're on our way back!

Fantastic highlights reel here. https://youtu.be/eSeRXmlbSE8

9 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Fulham have released O'Hara, SHaun Hutchinson, Kacanikacikilicakaicikilic and Dan Burn.

When I was a teenager I could not have fitted the letters of Kacanikacililicakaicikilic on my shirt. Now I am middle aged it fits easily. Does this mean my shoulders are getting broader?