Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I was happy with those two but, if we're only planning on bringing in 4 or 5, how does signing the same players improve us?

I don't think left back is a position we need to risk signing a new player in. We would struggle to sign a left back as good as Pudil. We should aim to improve the positions that are definitely weak points - personally I don't feel left back is one of those.

Can someone sum up the thread so far by filling out the below;

1. Who so we look likely to sign?

2. Who are we speculating on the top top end of who we can get?

3. Have we signed Rhodes and McCormack yet?

28 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

I don't think left back is a position we need to risk signing a new player in. We would struggle to sign a left back as good as Pudil. We should aim to improve the positions that are definitely weak points - personally I don't feel left back is one of those.

I probably agree with you. If it's 4 or 5 players, I'd sign Pudil, as he proved dependable, bring in a left sided centre back, who can also operate at left back if needs be. We also need 2 new full backs for the development squad, so maybe we can get a youngster in and try and bring him through. The remaining three signings really cannot be anyone who was with us last year, we need three players who are a significant step up in quality, a midfield anchor, a winger, and a centre forward

We need around 3 or 4 quality signings, plus Pudil. The players we bring in, at least 1 or 2 of them need to be a statement of intent, proven quality at this level, just like Chris Waddle is saying.

I still think we should go all out to get McCormack. Plus bring in some players who might be discarded from PL squads, such as Guedioura. Plus one or two quality loanees, such as Oliviera from Benfica.

Centre Backs from Premiership & Championship.

Liam Moore 

Florian Lejeune

Jason Denayer

Paddy McNair

Tyler Blackett

Matt Miazga

Micheal Hector

Kenneth Omeruo

Andreas Christensen

Tommie Hoban

Steve Cook

Lamine Kone

Jamaal Lascelles

Nathan Baker

Michael Keane 

Ben Mee

James Tarkowski

Daniel Ayala

Ben Gibson

Tomas Kalas

Connor Goldson

Lewis Dunk

Farrend Rawson

Albentosa

Yoann Barbet

Bailey Wright

Kortney Hause

Dan Burn

Patrick Bauer

1 hour ago, aeroswfc said:

Liam Moore 

Paddy McNair

Tyler Blackett

Jamaal Lascelles

Nathan Baker

The players there are the only ones I think we should go for, or are realistic, from aero's helpful list. Lascelles and Moore are particularly excellent players.  

Sheffield Wednesday interested in Bristol City centre back Aden Flint #swfc #bcfc

Not reliable I don't think, but another one to add to the list.

1 hour ago, aeroswfc said:

Liam Moore 

Florian Lejeune

Jason Denayer

Paddy McNair

Tyler Blackett

Matt Miazga

Micheal Hector

Kenneth Omeruo

Andreas Christensen

Tommie Hoban

Steve Cook

Lamine Kone

Jamaal Lascelles

Nathan Baker

Michael Keane 

Ben Mee

James Tarkowski

Daniel Ayala

Ben Gibson

Tomas Kalas

Connor Goldson

Lewis Dunk

Farrend Rawson

Albentosa

Yoann Barbet

Bailey Wright

Kortney Hause

Dan Burn

Patrick Bauer

Signing in the next 24 hours, ITK

44 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

The players there are the only ones I think we should go for, or are realistic, from aero's helpful list. Lascelles and Moore are particularly excellent players.  

Sheffield Wednesday interested in Bristol City centre back Aden Flint #swfc #bcfc

Not reliable I don't think, but another one to add to the list.

he scores more than alot of strikers.

Guest wilyfox

Flint would be a cracking signing. Don't believe it for one moment though. There are prem clubs sniffing around him. 

37 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think that CC will want players that can do it in the Prem first and foremost ...I don't think we will be buying players for one season who we might have to upgrade next year

You would think so, certainly don't want to be paying big fees for players that have little chance of stepping up. Of course it's about promotion, but it's also about laying the foundations for when we get there. If we go up with the nucleus of a side that can cut it in the top flight, the more chance we'll have of staying there

7 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Underrated player. Would be an upgrade on Nuhiu imo.

Probably not good enough for what we need though.

Id rather have Dave to be fair, only good thing Matt Smiths ever done was get sent off when he battered L**ds 6-0

33 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Left Back's from the Scottish Premier League.

Graeme Shinnie

Centre Back's from the Scottish Premier League. 

Erik Sviatchenko

Dedryck Boyata

SPL not a great standard overall. Stevie May was a scoring machine there which tells me all I need to know about the defending there.

Mark Reynolds has done well for Aberdeen, didn't do well for us in League One!