Our Best Attacking Setup?

Maybe at home but I doubt we would play the exact same team and formation in both games.

i won't be happy if we start with 5 in midfield at home.

Brighton have Dunk & Stephens out and we need to capitalise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a change for the 2nd leg though. Probably Hutchinson coming in for a striker. (if we have a lead)

Edited by richowl

Wasn't aimed at you to be fair. Always considered you one of the decent balanced posters.

Why thank you!  :stuwinky:

The point is, Carlos knows how and when to utilise certain systems and players. Does anybody really believe he isn't aware of the stats that so often get trotted out on here? If it really was as simple as FF on the left and Hooper/Nuhiu or Joao up top being our best side, he'd start with it every week. But he doesn't, and we're in the playoffs.

It may not be our 'best' side (there surely can't be a one-size-fits-all team that should start every week regardless of opposition), but I just thought it was interesting that this configuration has resulted in the most goals scored this season, whether as a result of starting lineups or substitutions.

Obviously that's not the be-all and end-all of team selection, and Carlos will do what he thinks is best in each specific game.

Why thank you!  :stuwinky:

It may not be our 'best' side (there surely can't be a one-size-fits-all team that should start every week regardless of opposition), but I just thought it was interesting that this configuration has resulted in the most goals scored this season, whether as a result of starting lineups or substitutions.

Obviously that's not the be-all and end-all of team selection, and Carlos will do what he thinks is best in each specific game.

Agreed, it is interesting.

I'm not doubting any individual player's contribution, or the effectiveness of any particular system. Certainly not saying I don't want to see FF on the left. I just disagree with those who seem to think it's as simple as "oh look at those stats with that set up, we should start like that every week"

i won't be happy if we start with 5 in midfield at home.

Brighton have Dunk & Stephens out and we need to capitalise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a change for the 2nd leg though. Probably Hutchinson coming in for a striker. (if we have a lead)

Yes definitely one game at a time. No sense in trying to think what we have to do in the second leg until we know if we are three up or one down.

This home leg is our great chance. Lots of things have fallen our way. We need to go on the front foot. Its no time for a five man mídfield. They will fear Hooper, especially after last Saturday. They will fear Fernando because he is Fernando. Play them in their best roles.

lol

The owlstalk experts.

Not only unable to comprehend the complex nature of football, also question the best manager we've had for years. You couldn't make it up.

The pro Nuhiu fanboy agenda at the heart of it. Strange.

Who's questioning Carlos?

For our most important match so far, he put FF out left and played Hooper up top with Joao.

If anybody is questioning him it is you?

With regard to your comment regarding Owlstalk football experts failing to understand how in actual fact you need to be MENSA member to understand it - I'll make my tongue in cheek comeback that went over your head clearer this time.

"Football is a simple game made complicated by idiots" - Bill Shankly

For our most important match so far, he put FF out left and played Hooper up top with Joao.

With regard to your comment regarding Owlstalk football experts failing to understand how in actual fact you need to be MENSA member to understand it - I'll make my tongue in cheek comeback that went over your head clearer this time.

SPOT ON,THE ONLY ONE QUESTIONING THE MANAGER IS STEVEMOLD,,,,,THINK HE IS GOING TO SCURRY AWAY NOW...LIKE IAN DID,,,,,,,

SPOT ON,THE ONLY ONE QUESTIONING THE MANAGER IS STEVEMOLD,,,,,THINK HE IS GOING TO SCURRY AWAY NOW...LIKE IAN DID,,,,,,,

You are the one, questioning Carlos.

Carlos hasn't started nuhiu for a while. Do you want Carlos to scurry away too?

Earlier in the season when Nuhiu was starting games, anyone who questioned his inclusion was lambasted for "questioning the manager", "Carlos knows best". There were other pearlers. " You know nothing about football", "stupid if you can't see what he brings to the side"

If they were "questioning the manager" by having an opinion that differed, then so are the ones who think Carlos is wrong for starting Hooper and FF up top. They "fear" he'll go back to it, "he's got it wrong", " he's made a mistake by persisting with it" (yes course he has while we're sat in 6th). Just some of the things that have been spouted on here recently.

Fair enough if you're of the opinion we are a better side with FF on the left. No problem with that. We clearly are in certain games at certain times. But manipulating stats while ignoring so many variables is stupid and usually points to an agenda.

The midfielders should be Bannan Lopez and Lee.

The attackers should be Forestieri Hooper and Wallace.

Jumble them around most ways, 433, 424, 4141, if they're all running their nadz off and trying to play the entire game in the Brighton half, we should be OK.

Edited by MrEdwards