Our Best Attacking Setup?

Guest wilyfox

Our most natural & best attacking set-up is probably a 4-3-3, but Carlos rarely uses that. He prefers to squeeze 4-3-3 players into a 4-4-2 with FF on the left - which may work ok for that player, but not the likes of Matias. Formations are only a starting point anyway, but Carlos has a choice to make on where to proceed from here.

Joao started against Brighton in both league matches. First one in November we didn't have Hooper, second one in March we did, but Forestieri didn't play Nuhiu failed to score as a second half sub in both matches also.

Therefore, Hooper, Joao and Forestieri should start up top on Friday.

Third time lucky.

We need Hooper to fire,the facts are he plays best alongside Nuhiu.....and the facts are forest on the left is his best position this season..It makes sense,it works best..

Only a strange fool who hates his own player would argue otherwise....hi steve

Oh dear,silly steve didnt think he was good enough,but only lee has played in more games this season,,only wallace has more assists...and he got a new contract, oh dear,egg on steves face

Football is a simple game made complicated by idiots.

FF scores more goals on the left.

The team does better with FF on the left.

Very simple.

spot on

lol

The owlstalk experts.

Not only unable to comprehend the complex nature of football, also question the best manager we've had for years. You couldn't make it up.

The pro Nuhiu fanboy agenda at the heart of it. Strange.

There was no 'Nuhiu fanboy agenda'( :blink:) behind the OP - I just thought it would be interesting to have some statistics to support the debate.

There's no problem if Carlos chooses to start with Hooper and Forestieri upfront together; there'll be all sorts of calculations which go into his decision-making, and he, more than any other Wednesday manager I can remember, will plan different approaches depending on how events unfold during the 90 minutes (or 180 in the case of the playoff semi-final). I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did start with Hooper and Forestieri before changing things if we need a goal later on in the game.

All I'm suggesting is that our two most prolific goalscorers have tended to score the vast majority of their goals when played in a certain setup, which hasn't been upfront together as a pair.

As for this 'Nuhiu fanboy agenda', I'm not sure it exists outside the minds of certain posters on here! To be honest, I'd start with Atdhe or João alongside Hooper (João would probably be my preference) and Forestieri on the left of midfield, but then I'm not the manager. I'm sure whatever Carlos decides, it will be far more perceptive and tactically aware than any of us on here could ever hope to be.

In Carlos we trust...regardless of whether he starts the Brighton match with Nuhiu, João or Forestieri alongside Hooper!

:manager:

lol

The owlstalk experts.

Not only unable to comprehend the complex nature of football, also question the best manager we've had for years. You couldn't make it up.

Who's questioning him?

It's a thread discussing what people think is our best attacking set-up, in which posters are giving reasons as to why.

Yet, anybody who disagrees with you, is "unable to comprehend the complex nature of football." Coming from such an obsessed fantatic of Nuhiu bashing, is sheer comical.

You've yet again turned a thread, that wasn't anything to do with Nuhiu specifically, and where he's not really been discussed much at all, into an opportunity to show your desperate eagerness to slate Nuhiu.

You'll go to the extent of trying to belittle posters of little football knowledge (pure delusion coming from a poster who can't see past his Nuhiu hatred), just to try and force your now, rather boring, dated and repetitive campaign to slate Nuhiu down peoples throats. 

Edited by frastheowl

lol

The owlstalk experts.

Oh dear,made the thread about your irrational hatrid again,and everyone that disagrees is stupid.....nice one

Who's questioning him?

It's a thread discussing what people think is our best attacking set-up, in which posters are giving reasons as to why.

Yet, anybody who disagrees with you, is "unable to comprehend the complex nature of football." Coming from such an obsessed fantatic of Nuhiu bashing, is sheer comical.

You've yet again turned a thread, that wasn't anything to do with Nuhiu specifically, and where he's not really been discussed much at all, into an opportunity to show your desperate eagerness to slate Nuhiu.

You'll go to the extent of trying to belittle posters of little football knowledge (pure delusion coming from a poster who can't see past his Nuhiu hatred), just to try and force your now, rather boring, dated and repetitive campaign to slate Nuhiu down peoples throats. 

The stats must be wrong,they are not showing what stevemold want to hear,,HE WANTS TO TURN EVERY THREAD INTO A NUHIU BASHING THREAD...REGARDLESS OF REALITY OR LOGIC

There was no 'Nuhiu fanboy agenda'( :blink:) behind the OP - I just thought it would be interesting to have some statistics to support the debate.

There's no problem if Carlos chooses to start with Hooper and Forestieri upfront together; there'll be all sorts of calculations which go into his decision-making, and he, more than any other Wednesday manager I can remember, will plan different approaches depending on how events unfold during the 90 minutes (or 180 in the case of the playoff semi-final). I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did start with Hooper and Forestieri before changing things if we need a goal later on in the game.

All I'm suggesting is that our two most prolific goalscorers have tended to score the vast majority of their goals when played in a certain setup, which hasn't been upfront together as a pair.

As for this 'Nuhiu fanboy agenda', I'm not sure it exists outside the minds of certain posters on here! To be honest, I'd start with Atdhe or João alongside Hooper (João would probably be my preference) and Forestieri on the left of midfield, but then I'm not the manager. I'm sure whatever Carlos decides, it will be far more perceptive and tactically aware than any of us on here could ever hope to be.

In Carlos we trust...regardless of whether he starts the Brighton match with Nuhiu, João or Forestieri alongside Hooper!

:manager:

Wasn't aimed at you to be fair. Always considered you one of the decent balanced posters.

The point is, Carlos knows how and when to utilise certain systems and players. Does anybody really believe he isn't aware of the stats that so often get trotted out on here? If it really was as simple as FF on the left and Hooper/Nuhiu or Joao up top being our best side, he'd start with it every week. But he doesn't, and we're in the playoffs.

Wasn't aimed at you to be fair. Always considered you one of the decent balanced posters.

The point is, Carlos knows how and when to utilise certain systems and players. Does anybody really believe he isn't aware of the stats that so often get trotted out on here? If it really was as simple as FF on the left and Hooper/Nuhiu or Joao up top being our best side, he'd start with it every week. But he doesn't, and we're in the playoffs.

GLAD YOU AGREE CARLOS KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING....MAYBE TRY TO STOP OBSESSIVELY HATING YOUR OWN PLAYERS/OR JUST ADMIT YOU GOT IT BADLY WRONG

CARLOS GAVE NUHIU A NEW CONTRACT....YOU AGREE WITH THAT RIGHT?,,,,AND HAS MADE THE MOST APPEARANCES,BEHIND ONLY LEE....CARLOS GOT IT RIGHT..YOU GOT IT WRONG.BIG ENOUGH TO ADMIT THAT?

I WILL ALWAYS DEFEND ANY PLAYER THAT PLAYS FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ,AND GIVES 100% EFFORT,AND RESPECT....

sO STOP TURNING EVERY THREAD INTO A HATE FEST,AND MOVE ON..THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES,,DEAL WITH  IT

Personally I think we need to play our pressing game against Brighton which will probably mean 5 in the middle and Hooper up front on his own.

Lee-lopez-bannan-FF would do more than enough pressing in order to play two up top.

GLAD YOU AGREE CARLOS KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING....MAYBE TRY TO STOP OBSESSIVELY HATING YOUR OWN PLAYERS/OR JUST ADMIT YOU GOT IT BADLY WRONG

CARLOS GAVE NUHIU A NEW CONTRACT....YOU AGREE WITH THAT RIGHT?,,,,AND HAS MADE THE MOST APPEARANCES,BEHIND ONLY LEE....CARLOS GOT IT RIGHT..YOU GOT IT WRONG.BIG ENOUGH TO ADMIT THAT?

I WILL ALWAYS DEFEND ANY PLAYER THAT PLAYS FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ,AND GIVES 100% EFFORT,AND RESPECT....

sO STOP TURNING EVERY THREAD INTO A HATE FEST,AND MOVE ON..THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES,,DEAL WITH IT

No one hates nuhiu, strange lad. Some on here inc me, think he's better from the bench. That is all.