Imagine if Owlstalk had been around for the 1935 Cup Final Ticket Allocation :-)

A bit of light relief for those in the ticket queue !

This must have been a right laff !

ANyone remember how they allocated 1996 Cup Final Tickets - understand it wasn't well received.

tickets%205_zpskuml9lpx.jpg

tickets%206_zpsfyprvdic.jpg

Hull%20Daily%20Mail%201341935_zpszmdagse

6-5-1935_zpsyzdtjbeg.jpg

I hope DunsbyOwl doesn't mind me putting up these photos of some Wednsday memorabilia relating to the 1935 Cup Final win previously owned by one of your legends Mark Hooper. Included is a Postcard photo of the Cup Winning team, Hoopers players itinerary for the weekend, a photo that may be taken in the build up to the game,a couple of telegrams sent to Hoper on the morning of the game, an official letter to the players telling them when they are due back to training the following season as well as some other pieces that may be of interest. Sorry, I don't intend this just to be an advert but I will be selling it all on ebay in a couple of weeks but am open to offers. Thanks.

IMG_3672.JPG

IMG_3666.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ralph said:

I hope DunsbyOwl doesn't mind me putting up these photos of some Wednsday memorabilia relating to the 1935 Cup Final win previously owned by one of your legends Mark Hooper. Included is a Postcard photo of the Cup Winning team, Hoopers players itinerary for the weekend, a photo that may be taken in the build up to the game,a couple of telegrams sent to Hoper on the morning of the game, an official letter to the players telling them when they are due back to training the following season as well as some other pieces that may be of interest. Sorry, I don't intend this just to be an advert but I will be selling it all on ebay in a couple of weeks but am open to offers. Thanks.

IMG_3672.JPG

IMG_3666.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

Afternoon Rap

31 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Afternoon. :biggrin:

Good Evening Ralph,.  

Trying again here   ( Storm damage is causing Internet issues up here on West Coast) 

Thanks so much for posting this, it's something very close to our hearts in this household ..

As children both myself and my wife were allowed as treats to visit Mr & Mrs Hoopers shop on Middlewood Road 

It was a real emporium of a Sweet shop/ Tobbaconists  with large Brass weight Scales and wall to wall solid Mahogany counters and shelving..

In today's world it must have seemed rather tiny and quirky but it really was an adventure to visit the shop,  of course our dad's spoke in awe of Mr Hooper and the team that won our FA Cup,  As a child I could name that team better than the Alphabet or our solar system planets !!!

The real treat was Mr Hoopers Medal , he wore it always on his gold fob chain for his waistcoat pocket watch and would always let us hold it and look at it when we visited him ..

Mrs Hooper would always give us a lolly as a "Freebie" 

Its not the only 35 medal I have held ...Mr Starling also had a Newsagents across from Hillsborough Park near the Library and again would welcome us many times to his shop , my dad used to get his paper from him every morning and night , they were shops nearer but I guess you understand why his journey was further ?

I wonder how many modern day footballers would offer the same gratitude to us supporters ?

Please let me know when you put this collection on Ebay 

Kindest Regards 

The Ghost ........

On 05/05/2016 at 11:05, dunsbyowl said:

A bit of light relief for those in the ticket queue !

This must have been a right laff !

ANyone remember how they allocated 1996 Cup Final Tickets - understand it wasn't well received.

tickets%205_zpskuml9lpx.jpg

tickets%206_zpsfyprvdic.jpg

Hull%20Daily%20Mail%201341935_zpszmdagse

6-5-1935_zpsyzdtjbeg.jpg

Thanks as always Dunsby great Post 

I've also left Ralph a message those telegrams are amazing !!

I will PM you shortly

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Good Evening Ralph,.  

Trying again here   ( Storm damage is causing Internet issues up here on West Coast) 

Thanks so much for posting this, it's something very close to our hearts in this household ..

As children both myself and my wife were allowed as treats to visit Mr & Mrs Hoopers shop on Middlewood Road 

It was a real emporium of a Sweet shop/ Tobbaconists  with large Brass weight Scales and wall to wall solid Mahogany counters and shelving..

In today's world it must have seemed rather tiny and quirky but it really was an adventure to visit the shop,  of course our dad's spoke in awe of Mr Hooper and the team that won our FA Cup,  As a child I could name that team better than the Alphabet or our solar system planets !!!

The real treat was Mr Hoopers Medal , he wore it always on his gold fob chain for his waistcoat pocket watch and would always let us hold it and look at it when we visited him ..

Its not the only 35 medal I have held ...Mr Starling also had a Newsagents across from Hillsborough Park near the Library and again would welcome us many times to his shop , my dad used to get his paper from him every morning and night , they were shops nearer but I guess you understand why his journey was further ?

I wonder how many modern day footballers would offer the same gratitude to us supporters ?

Kindest Regards 

The Ghost ........

Good evening Ghost, thank you so much for that fabulous reply. I can only dream of supporting a team that their fans can discuss touching an FA Cup winners medal won by a player representing their team, and in the local shop to boot! Fabulous. It was a pleasure to read. I will of course let you know when the items go on ebay, I'm expecting it to be a couple of weeks from tonight. There are a few other nice pieces, a 1933/34 official Wednesday handbook. a 32/33 season Sheffield Telegraph football guide with Mark Hooper on the front, a couple of complimentary tickets foe 1930 FA Cup games at Hillsborough against Burnley and Bradford Park Avenue, the BPA ticket is unused and still has the tab/stub on it, a lovely post card sent to Mark at Hillsborough from his old Darlington team mates at the Queens Hotel, Saltburn-by-the-Sea and signed by 22 of them. I hope you are able to bid and own one or more of the pieces.All the best.

Ralph.

Just now, Ralph said:

Good evening Ghost, thank you so much for that fabulous reply. I can only dream of supporting a team that their fans can discuss touching an FA Cup winners medal won by a player representing their team, and in the local shop to boot! Fabulous. It was a pleasure to read. I will of course let you know when the items go on ebay, I'm expecting it to be a couple of weeks from tonight. There are a few other nice pieces, a 1933/34 official Wednesday handbook. a 32/33 season Sheffield Telegraph football guide with Mark Hooper on the front, a couple of complimentary tickets foe 1930 FA Cup games at Hillsborough against Burnley and Bradford Park Avenue, the BPA ticket is unused and still has the tab/stub on it, a lovely post card sent to Mark at Hillsborough from his old Darlington team mates at the Queens Hotel, Saltburn-by-the-Sea and signed by 22 of them. I hope you are able to bid and own one or more of the pieces.All the best.

Ralph.

P.S. Just in case you have sent one, I haven't received a message.

11 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Having problems here with broadband due to storm damage Ralph I've posted loads on here tonight and most not connected 

Will contact you from office tomorrow if thats ok ? 

Regards O/G 

Of course, Look forward to hearing from you.

• Thanks 1

On 22/10/2017 at 18:18, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Good Evening Ralph,.  

Kindest Regards 

The Ghost ........

Hi Ghost,just letting you know I have put the items up on eBay now. If you search Mark Hooper or Sheffield Wednesday I’m sure you’ll see some, you can then see all my other selling items to view the other Wednesday stuff. Cheers, Ralph. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2017 at 22:38, torryowl said:

that it itinerary cant be for the players ........I cant believe they would travel down on the day of the game .

You are correct Torry - they left Sheffield on the 25th and stayed at a Hotel in Bushey, Herts. 

That photo on the pitch was the dat before the final - the 26th April.

I suspect it may have been for the the club official and/or  directors as they all did go off to Brighton the day after and return to Sheffield on the 29th.

My Grandad was one of the lucky ones to get a ticket for the 1935 final. For 1966 I think it was a ballot as well, people sent in their ticket applications by post, some were lucky and some weren't. My Dad and Grandad went to that one as well. Sadly ill health had stopped him attending a few years before the 1993 final, he passed away later that year.

• Like 1