Ticket System In Meltdown

Sorted... Queued for just over 2 hours, booked really quickly once I was in.

Will try and upload a screenshot of the availability. There's loads left.

Good news at least.

Only 900ish in front of me right now.

Not logged in to my account though, will I get shoved to the back of the queue does anyone know when I eventually get to the front?

WTF:  

Good news at least.

Only 900ish in front of me right now.

Not logged in to my account though, will I get shoved to the back of the queue does anyone know when I eventually get to the front?

WTF:  

no - dont worry you login when you get there mate. Dont think there was any way to login first or i didnt see one if there was

On a side note - don't blame the system, blame the people.

The "queuing" is down to people wanting to choose their seats and buy different tickets for different people. Same goes for the "slow" queue at the shop

"Ooo i want to sit next to our Danny, but I dont know where he sits - can you look him up on the system. Ok. Hmm. Can we sit two rows back? Not that far away, anything nearer?, how about two rows forward from Him. Oh no - thats my ex wifes new boyfriend. "

Whatever happened to getting to the till and buying "the next tickets available". we'd have had this licked by now.[/quote

Nah, it was nothing to do with that. The problem was the system couldn't handle all the transaction attempts. I was 500 or something in the queue this morning and got on the website before 09:00. However the system couldn't add selected seats to the basket before locking you out.

Resulted in people like me spending hour and a half floating about on the website until while the system refreshed itself and allowed us to re-attempt to purchase the same tickets again. You couldn't come off the website as you knew you'd go to the back of the line.

Long and short of it the system couldn't cope even though I don't think they were really that many of us attempting to get tickets. Couple of thousand, it wasn't like the stands were going red within minutes.

God help us if we get to the playoff finals or the premier league, it'll be in meltdown on a weekly basis.

Joined the queue before 9.00am, was number 650, waited till the ticket site came and was told I was unable to log on - wetn to 1680 in the queue!!

Waited to get down again and the same thing happened.

Repeated for the third time with the same result. now given up. Phook em.

Remember ages ago, postal system. One game (could have been Man U in cup final) send a signed blank cheque, SWFC staff will fill in the price according to what's left available. Crapping mesen in case they were gonna charge me £££££££££££££££. Ended up with a mid price ticket, can't remember how much. I liked that idea, waiting for postman or bank calling me :laugh: